five

[ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘫𝘦𝘼𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘺 ]

(can we appreciate this gif, it took me a stressful while to get right haha)

▂▂▂▂

MADISON STARED AT THE MONEY IN both shock and confusion. Ezra no longer worked at Rosewood High or at Hollis, he was unemployed and was hoarding a huge amount of cash.

Where did it come from? She wondered, what if he's like Miles, and he's taking money? Maybe even from Joe while I was gone?

She quickly covered it back up with his socks and shut the drawer before moving towards the kitchen, "Ezra, I've uh... I've gotta go."

He left the bathroom as she picked up her bag, "Oh, really?"

"Yeah, my mom's gonna end up calling the police if I don't get back to the 'party'." Madison replied, "But I will come back soon."

"Okay." Ezra said, "Do you need a ride home?"

"No, no, I'm good, I uh -- I need the exercise."

Ezra narrowed his eyes, knowing something was bothering her, "You sure you're okay?"

Madison let out a nervous laugh, "I'm fine. I just... bye."

And with that she was gone out of the apartment.

She rushed out of the building and onto the streets, wondering if her mind was playing tricks on her or if she was right, after all the money was right there infront of her.

What if he's just like his father? Madison thought, what if he's working with him and that's why he's so kind to me, because he's using me.

She pushed her fingers into the palm of her hands and scrunched her eyes shut, rolling her neck and trying to push out her thoughts. Madison tried to control her breathing as best she could, focusing on herself.

Madison suddenly jumped and her eyes shot open as a loud honking sound pierced her ears. The brunette turned her head to see she was standing in the middle of the road and an old man was beeping his car horn at her.

She released her fists and exhaled, "Sorry."

Madison rushed off the road and onto the safety of the pavement. The standing in the road and the car almost plummenting into her should have frightened her to death but she just felt... numb.