Chapter Seven: A Kiss?

Y/n headed into the old building that was her new home. She went to eat dinner when she was wondering who make making the food. After she finished her meal, she heard noise coming from the kitchen and cautiously walked in.
“Hello?” She asked and was still in shock when she saw a demon cleaning the dishes. Quickly, she came over the shock.
“Hello, my name is Y/n, what's your name?” The only response she got was friendly grumbles
“Ukobach? What an interesting name.” She kneeled down and they shook hands. “Wait, how can I understand you?”

“Y/n?” She stood up to face the sudden voice calling her name.
“Yes, Yukio?”
“Who were you talking to?” Y/n was about to ask what he meant but she looked down and saw that Ukobach had just disappeared, obviously he didn’t want to be seen.
“Uh, no-nobody, I was uh… talking to myself, yeah, hehe” she nervously chuckled and Yukio gave her a cautious nod, not fully believing her.
“Anyways, I wanted to ask why you weren’t in class today.” As Yukio asked that, they heard footsteps walking towards them.
“Wait, she wasn’t in class today?” Rin joined the conversation. “When did you leave?”
Y/n felt hurt that Rin didn’t notice she wasn’t there, but she didn’t show it. Y/n was trying to make an excuse, but as if on cue, Mephisto decided to join in the conversation too,
“She was with me. We had a grand time together, isn’t that right?” Y/n hesitantly nodded, unsure of what he was planning to do. Mephisto wrapped his arm around Y/n’s waist and pulled her closer.
“What were you two doing?” Yukio asked, curiously. Unknown to Y/n, but very clear to Mephisto, Rin was shooting daggers with his eyes at the arm wrapped around her waist, a jealous aura struggling to be contained.
“None of your business, now if you don’t mind, I need to go. Bye bye~” Mephisto walked away but Y/n followed him.

“Wait! What was that for?” Y/n said, out of breath from trying to catch up to him.
“I was trying to prove a theory I have.”
“Which was?”
“Nothing you need to worry about, young one.” Mephisto responded, patting her on the head. Y/n didn’t like to be kept in the dark, but she didn’t fight him on it.
“Can you at least tell me the results?”
“If you must know, my assumptions were proven to be correct.” Mephisto said vaguely.
“Oh, alright.”
“Well, if that all, I’ll take my leave now.” And with a poof, Mephisto once again disappeared. That bastard.

When Y/n went back into the room and noticed that Yukio and Rin already went to their bedrooms. She went to hers and crawled in her bed. She decided to study for a few minutes until she was interrupted by knocking on her door.  

“Come in!” Y/n put down her book and sat up as Rin walked through her door and sat next to her.
“Y/n?” Rin paused for a moment, hesitating on whether or not to continue. “Can I ask you something?
“Of course”
“Do you think I should be an exorcist?”
“Yes! Why would you have any doubts?”
“I don’t know, it’s just something someone said earlier that got in my head. Maybe I’m just not cut out to be an exorcist.”
“What are you talking about? This isn’t like the Rin I know. You’re going to be a great exorcist!” She paused, took a deep breath and put her hand on his shoulder. “Listen to be and don’t listen to anybody who tells you differently. You may even be able to be Paledin one day”
“Really? You think so?”
“I know so.”
“Thanks, Y/n.” Rin hugged Y/n. They stayed like this until they began to pull away slowly. When they were just inches apart, Rin gently put his hand on her pace and pulled her in closer. Closing their eyes, their lips touched lightly. After reality hit them, they both pulled away and scooted a few feet away from each other.

“I- I’m sorry” y/n apologized quickly, stuttering.
“No, it was my fault, I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Rin stood up to leave.
As she watched him leave, she leaned back on her bed, in shock of what just happened. She touched her lips in disbelief. That had been her first kiss. She shook her head, clearing her brain from the confusion of what just happened and tried to go to sleep.
In the corner of her eye, she thought she saw something green outside her window but when she turned to look, nothing was there.

Author here! If you have any advice or recommendations on how to make the chapters better, let me know. I aim to please and love to grow as a writer