Pilot : Bitten?

Author here, I don't know how to start this chapter, so let's just jump right into it ;P

3rd pov

Y/n wakes up and immediately noticed that her neck is a little sore. She looks in the mirror and sees a mark on her neck.
What the... Is that a bite mark?
She gets dressed and heads to school
She has a connection with nature, she can feel the energy the plants and wildlife give off and sometimes she feels as if she can understand them.
When she walks to school she smiles as she looks at the trees. But this time she noticed little creatures in the leaves and waved at them with a grin.
"Hello there"
She carried on her walk, curious about the creatures she saw, but quickly walked to school to not be late.
At her school, she saw some little black creatures, almost like big wingless nats with tails, but cute. But she was more fascinated with them than scared.
She wondered how she could see it but nobody else seemed to notice
That school day she was spacing out, thinking about those strange creatures, and she got in trouble for it.
In her last class of the day, she was ahead and decided to not pay attention. She already knew what they were talking about and she decided to draw- the teacher just assumed she was taking notes. She was drawing the interesting creatures until it was time to go home, but she was stopped by her teacher who looked at her paper.
"That's a really good drawing, ms. L/n"
"Thank you, I guess I had a spur of inspiration" she blushed shyly
"Well, next time try to focus in class, okay?"
Y/n felt embarrassed that she was caught, but not surprised.
"Yes, Mr.Dooley."
"I let it slide this time because you're one of my best students and we were just reviewing the study guide. Now, you better go along now, don't want to make you have to stay any longer at school."
She nodded and head out of the classroom.
She was walking towards the market, she had a job interview.

*at the market*
Y/n had finished her interview, and unfortunately, she didn't get the job. There's always next time.
She walked out of the store when she saw a little creature running down the streets carrying what looked like a scarf.
She sees a boy running after it. He can see it too?
She started to run after him, she wanted answers.