13.

I thought about Beth's idea for a while. It seemed like it could work, or it could go horribly wrong! But I guess we could try, right?

"Dreaming about me?", Jake asked as he entered the room.

"Of course!" I joked.

"Relationship problems?"

"How could you tell?"

" My new magic black eye knows everything!", he joked.

"I'm sorry for that", I apologized, I knew Noah wouldn't.

"You know if your not happy..."

"I am, really!" I assure him.

"There's plenty of people who wouldn't make you feel like shit!"

"Noah doesn't make me feel like shit!"

Having too much of that conversation I stood up and walked away. You could do anything, but never talk about the ones I love, that's asking for a pissed Emily!

"Em!", Jake called me but I ignored, "God damn it! Fucking Flynn!" he whispered to himself.

_____-_____

I arrived home to see my dad at the stove, something usually rare, considering he only cooked on special occasions which to him basically meant when he felt like. I made my way into the kitchen, "Smells like a meal!" I joked.

"Special guests need special treatment!" he smiled.

"Special guest?" I asked confused. My father signals to the backyard. I walk towards the sliding door to find Noah playing basketball with my little brother. When he realized I was there a smile filled his face. That's what I missed, that Noah!

"Hey Milly!" he said pulling me to him and kissing me.

"Ewww", my brother complained, "get a room!"

We both chuckled. Noah grabbed my hand and took me to the chairs on the balcony.

"How was work?"

"Eh, boring", he laughs at my expression.

"What?" I asked smiling like crazy. It probably looked like somebody had glued my cheeks to my ears. Wait, is that too creepy?

"I miss this!", he smiled.

"Me too!", as Noah was about to kiss me Elle entered the room.

"Oh, umm, hey Noah!", I sent her a look she knew too well, "You know what I have to go because my little brother needs my help inside, fixing stuff!" she said walking away awkwardly.

I smirked, oh Elle! I turned back to Noah who was just staring at me, kind of romantically, he pulled me closer and we kissed. As I pulled away I prepared for what I was going to request. "Noah", I said pushing his hair out of his eyes. He nodded as if I had gotten his full and undivided attention. "You know how we have been having some, you know... problems."

Noah was about to speak when I cut him, "but I think I have an idea, well Beth had an idea, and I thought about it, and maybe it can work, and if not it's okay because..." I paused. His eyes fixated on mine.

"You're cute when you babble", he smirked.

"Did you even listen to what I was saying?" He smirked. "I think we should break up!"

Suddenly his facial expression changed, he became serious and upset.

"See  you are paying attention", I smirked, " I want to start over!"