19

"ITS COLLEGE WEEEEEEKKKK!" shouted a boy running down the hall tossing flyers. 

"Well, at least one of us is excited," Em said, picking up a flyer off the floor. Beth exclaimed enthusiastically, "whoa, does that say free pretzel?". "You want a pretzel? I'll buy you one!" Em replied but Beth stood her ground. The girl begged, "you aren't even applying to colleges this year please let's just go home."

She smiled. "I'm not but you are, and I'm here to support you.". Em threw the flyer at her and let out a laugh; yeah, she was a supportive friend, but she was also kind of annoying.

"Where are you guys going?" Marco asked getting out of the bus, "field trip is that way."

"Yeah we know", Beth said pushing me towards the bus. "I thought we were on bus B?" Em asked confused. 

Yeah, I requested that you be on my bus, so I hope that is okay with you." Marco replied with a smile. I looked back at Beth and then back at Marco, he did what?

"That's is great!" Beth replied knowing Em wouldn't. "I told you so", she whispered in my ear as we followed Marco to bus A. 

"I hope is okay Beth but there were only two spots, one right next to me and one right in the front of the bus", Marco explained. 

"I'll take the front", Em replied. Both Marco and Beth turned to her surprised by the answer. "Oh I didn't think to ask ..." Marco replied. "It's okay no worries!" Em smiled. "No worries", Beth said placing her bag in the seat, "I like to bother the driver anyway", she winked.  "Great!" said Marco as he started making his way to his seat.  "Are you trying to ruin my relationship?" Em asked Beth once Marco had walked away. "No, but I'm proving my point!" 

"Proving your point won't do anything if I don't have a relationship",  Em snarled as she walked away. 

"Are you excited?" Marco asked as Em made her way next to him. "Excited? For College Week?"

"College Week?" Marco asked confused, "I meant, are you excited to not attend College week?"

"Yes!" Em grinned, "I'm in!" Em didn't know what Marco had in store for her, but she sure as hell didn't want to attend college week. Throughout half of the ride, Marco and Em laughed their asses off. Marco was a really fun person to be around and it reminded Em of the old days. The drive was long and loud especially with so many kids on a bus. They had made it to their final destination, Berkeley. "Ahh, college campuses" Marco took a breath in, "Smells like we are about to have sleepless nights" he smirked. "Don't say that too loud", Em whispers, "Mrs. Rose is right behind us!" They both giggled as they exited the bus. 

"Let me guess, I have to help you guys skip this thing," Beth said as she welcomed us. Em nodded, "You couldn't be more correct" she smiled. It took some time but after heading up to the Hotel and unpacking everything, Em, Marco and Beth were able to sneak out to see Berkeley's nightlife. They stumbled upon a bar full of college students. Beth had made her way in the dance floor and left Emily alone with Marco, again. Em had really started to think if Beth was a good friend at all. It seems like she kept trying to get Em away from Noah. Her thoughts were interrupted by Marco with two shots."C'mon", he invited her, "Losen up pumpkin." 

"No thank you, I actually gotta make a call", Em denied the drink and made her way to the outside bar. Noah and Em hadn't talked much for about a week. It wasn't that they did anything wrong, it was just that they were both extremely busy. Em dialed Noah's number and waited for a response.

"Hello?", said a strange voice, definitely female, possibly British? Emily did not say a word, she was afraid of what she would say or worst what the girl would say so she just hung up. She took a deep breath, it was not what she was thinking, there was no reason to be upset, right? She waited a couple of minutes and called again, it was definitely a misunderstanding.