Chapter 9

"So Kane has to be working with the vampires I mean how else would they know we wouldn't be home" Calluna said nervously, she had a point. As ditsy as she could be sometimes, she was extremely intelligent.

"Maybe they didn't, maybe she didn't care if we were" Avian replied

"No, she obviously did because when she saw us she took off"

"True" Rauz added

"Ouch!" Raven shouted "This stupid couch just cut my leg" I noticed her leg started to bleed so did Rauz so he  went to grab a bandaid. The edge of our couch was kind of broke and had a sharp edge sticking out.

"I... uh... Im gonna go in the other room" Avian said awkwardly "sorry but blood creeps me out, its a childhood thing"

"Ill go with you because same" Calluna added before walking away.

"Those two are so weird... they really are a match made in heaven" Enya joked "So you have a date today... are you excited" I looked at her nervously.

"Its not a date, we are hanging out as friends" I assured her. I didn't fully believe that but that's what I was going with.

"I predict it'll end with a kiss... mark my words"

"Ooh, please let it end with a kiss" Raven teased before nudging me.

Rauz walked in and gave Raven her bandaid

"Im not kissing anyone... I haven't thought of even hanging out with a boy since Finn died. Showing up is already a big step for me.

"Listen, between me and you... its okay to move on. Its been two years and I'm sure he wouldn't want you feeling guilty about dating" Enya said truthfully before putting her arm around me.

"She's right you know" Raven said smiling and Rauz nodded in agreement. I knew she was right but it was just so hard to not feel bad. I've always blamed myself for what happened to Finn.

"I know but... sometimes I blame myself you know" I began getting emotional "like if I would have just waited until we were old enough to leave the academy he'd still be here"

"Its not your fault Kane and Jade are ignorant and hateful" Enya assured me "you should never feel bad for following your heart"

Enya always knew what to say to stop me from beating myself up. I guess it was her way of returning the favor because of how we met.

"You're right! Im gonna go on this date with Ezekiel and I'm gonna have a good time for once in my life" I had a big smile on my face.

"Thats the spirit, also I think you just called it a date"

"And she did!" Rauz said happily, I began blushing and looked away awkwardly.

"Thank you, for always knowing what to say guys" I said gratefully before we all started hugging.

"Alright enough mushy stuff, I need to go get ready for this... date" I smiled before walking away

Once I got up to my room I began picking out my clothes. I went through my kimono closet to pick out which one I wanted to wear. Nobody knows the reason Kimonos are special to me, I have so many because my mom loved and wore them alot.