Prologue

"Finn I don't think we should be in here, what if we get caught?" I said as I gazed into his bright blue eyes. He had the same care free disposition as always, a quality I admired about him.

"We'll be fine Altiair— Not only did we do a cloaking spell but we made sure we were invisible before coming in, nobody saw us." Finn replied staring back into mine. We had already reversed the spell so we could see each other now of course.

"I guess your right... I just worry about what would happen if we were caught by the superiors" He smiled at me vehemently and I knew exactly what that meant, he thought I was overreacting.

"Shh! You worry to much— dont be afraid of what could happen... just live" He leaned in to kiss me, I leaned in as well.

Although we weren't supposed to be doing this, the danger somehow made it more exhilarating. Of course the higher ups wouldn't approve but we didn't care, we were in love and true love has no fear.

His soft thin lips pressed against mine and it felt as if we were the only two people in the world. We began taking off our clothes when suddenly, the door opened aggressively.

I looked up in horror to see the very thing I was afraid of looking down on me as if I commited an act worse than murder.

"What is this?" One of the superiors, Kane, shouted at us angrily. Kane was the head superior of The Orphic Academy. He was tall, intimidating, and mingy, especially to Finn and I. His mid-length dirty blonde hair bristled above his shoulders as he spoke.

"Mr. Wardwell we–" I said, frightened. I was at a loss for words so I couldn't think of anything else to say. He gave me a menacing look, something straight out of a horror movie. A genre I was all too familiar with.

I couldn't believe we got caught, and I didn't understand how either. I was so sure we covered our tracks.

"Get up and get out of this room... and report to my office, IMMEDIATELY!"

Finn and I rushed out and went straight to his office, hoping we wouldn't be punished for skipping class to make out. As we entered the main academy building, the other superiors of the school we're scowling at us as if they already knew, and still, I pranced around proudly with my head held high because I wasn't ashamed, I had no reason to be. It actually felt good to not have to hide and supress myself any longer.

Once we entered his office we closed the door and sat down, waiting for him to come and shout at us even more. We were on the edge of our seats and quaking with fear. I couldn't stop thinking about what our punishment would be, it couldn't be that bad, right?

His office is the biggest in the school, it was decorated extravagantly. His paintings alone were probably worth more than my childhood home. The rugs in his office were meticulously placed and matched his large red desk perfectly.

Although mean and unnecessarily strict, I had to at least commend Kane for having good taste.

"I told you I had a bad feeling about today Finn— we are witches, you should've listened to me" I snapped, he just frowned as his eyes trailed the designs of the rugs.

"I know... I just don't understand how we got caught though-" he replied before suddenly, Kane teleported into the room.

"Because you two ran off and skipped class for the hundredth time, so we used a locator spell to find you. It seems you should be paying more attention in class because an invisibility spell means nothing if you don't block anyone from being able to find you." Kane preached as he walked into the room.