Chapter 2

Nathan

Detention on every Saturday for a month, for 3 hours.

Great...just great..

No one who witnessed the fight spoke up to tell the truth, and there was no evidence that Coby fought Bryce.

Bryce told the office that I didn't do it, but I am still taking the blame. It's just what friends do.

When I got home, I had to listen to a long ass lecture on how fighting isn't right, how I was disrespecting the Lord, and how I should be more like my little sister.

She's 12... I don't need to practice my multiplication.

The only good thing I got out of this is I got Bryce's number. And it made everything else better.

I will be spending 12 hours with him this month. 12 hours of staring at his jawline and icy eyes and... Just him in general.

I feel like one of those stupid fan girls who obsess over boy bands or someone like Justin Bieber.

My eyes traveled to my phone, (that I'm surprised I didn't get taken away) watching the screen glow up.

Bryce- Why did you take the blame?

I blinked and re-read the message.

Me- I couldn't let Coby just... Get suspended... If he got suspended another time he would lose his scholarship... He has been wanting a basketball scholarship since he started playing basketball.

Bryce- Don't you play basketball tho?

How the hell does he know?

Me- Yeah... How do u know?

Bryce- I've seen you practice a few times. Great job winning the final game

Me- I've never seen u at school...

Bryce- Rlly?

Me- Yeah... I don't usually worry about other people who aren't my friends..

Bryce- Oh ok. Gotcha. But why did you take the blame like that? It's not ur fault and I figured u tried talking him out of it.

Me- I was just looking out for Coby. He's been there for me since Kindergarten...

Bryce- U still shouldn't have taken the blame. He would be in the deep shit he deserves right now if you didn't say anything.

Me- yeah I know... I'm looking out for him... And why did you punch me!

Bryce- Oh I thought you were Coby for a second and it was an accident. Sorry about that dude.

Me- it's fine...

Bryce- Is your face okay?

Me- there's a bruise and all... But it will go away soon...

My mouth was bleeding for an hour and I have a bruise... No big deal..