THREE

"Jordan, please open up!" I banged on the door once again

"Jordan, please open up!" I banged on the door once again. This time, it immediately opened, exposing Jordan and his look of confusion which is plastered onto his face.

"The second time today, man. It's too damn early for this shit. Bring the key out next time." He groaned, letting go of the door. I caught it open with my arm, and walked inside.

"Sorry, Cartipooh. I got some good news though." I began, and he sat onto the couch arm, lighting up the blunt that he probably made from earlier. If anything, it's too damn early for that.

I gave him a look, and he just motioned his arms, insinuating me to carry on with my news. He let out a huge cloud of smoke, which was immediately sucked into his nose.

"So, I was just skateboarding, doing my daily run around the city, right? Right, so I almost crashed into a fire hydrant. Almost, because this savior of a man saved my life. He carried me in his big, strong arms, out of harm's way." I lied, while Jordan simply stared at me.

His gaze made me self conscious, regardless, so I came clean. "Okay, well he didn't pick me up, but he looked out for me. I believe his name was Rakim, but he said call him Rocky." I said, as Jordan's eyes lit up.

"Wait, you said Rak―" He spoke, before interrupting him, continuing with my discussion. "I also met his friend, Tyler. They both seemed pretty chill. I think I made new friends. That's rare, and you know it." My head nodded, with a smile plastered onto my face.

"Yo, you really met Tyler, the Creator?" Jordan exclaimed, and I gave him a look of confusion in response. "Oh, that must be his stage name. Well yeah, I met him in his shop today, and Rakim―excuse me." I paused, as my phone vibrated. "You're excused." Jordan retorted. "Shut up." I laughed, while pulling out my phone.

I saw it was a text message from a random number. That's weird. I read over it, and chuckled softly.

(323)-538-9170: Hey Syrepooh, it's Rocky.

I'm slowly growing fond of the cute nickname he's calling me. Well I entered it into his phone, but it's cute, nonetheless.

Syre: Hey Rocky, I forgot I gave you my number.

Sheesh, the devil will have to add me into his infinite amount of liars list. I looked at Jordan, as he chuckled.

"What you smiling so hard for, kid?" He asked, while I bit down onto my bottom lip. "It's Rakim." I spoke, as he kissed his teeth. "Bullshit." I placed the phone in his face.

He read over the message, and snatched the phone away from me. "Oh damn, you really got ASAP Rocky's phone number." He cheered like a little kid, holding the blunt in between his lips as he stares at my screen.

"ASAP Rocky? Wassup with all these names?" I asked. Jordan gave me a double glance, as if I gave his mind a good fucking.

"You're so damn oblivious, it's cute kid. ASAP Rocky is Rakim's stage name. This dude is one of the biggest rappers outchea, man." He then went to my playlist on Apple music, and proceeded to play Fashion Killa.

"This was your favorite song, yo, which his Rakim's song. How could you not know it was him?" My eyes widened at what he just told me. "I just listened to the songs, I didn't care to know the artist's names and whatnot." I spoke, before grabbing my phone from Jordan's grasp.

"Even then, that man is a fashion icon. You're way into fashion, how could you not know how he look like?" He question. My shoulders shrugged, while going to Safari.

I looked him up, and found his whole discography. I listened to a multitude of his songs, without even knowing him, as a person.

"Well he invited me to a party tomorrow." I now looked at Rakim in a different light, so saying that out loud makes me even more excited than I was before.

"You're lying like shit right now, Sy." Jordan exclaimed, as Rakim sent me another message. I changed his name in my phone to something more appropriate.

"Daddy" Figure: Yeah right. I just wanted to send you the addy for the party.

He sent me his address, and I happily showed it to Jordan. He started to pat against my back, a huge smile appeared on his face.

"Well I hope you have fun." He said, before going into a coughing fit. I guess the smoke got him choked up.

"Wait, no. He said I can bring a plus one. You're coming with me." I demanded, as his head shook from side to side.

"Nah, yo. I just go to parties for free weed and easy pussy. Doubt I'll find both of them at his party." Jordan said nonchalantly, clearing his throat.

"Please, I just―" I paused, as a pout fell onto my lips. "I just don't wanna go by myself. Can you please come?" I begged, and Jordan caved in, like I knew he would.

I feel like he knew too, because he chuckled softly. "You act like a little kid, you know?" He told me, as my head nodded quickly. He thought I was a little when he first met me. I'll never forget that face he gave me. "You lucky I love you." His arm wrapped around my neck, as his large hand landed on top of my head.

"It's all unconditional, you nut, ugh." I fake gushed over him, before flicking my tongue at him. He used the same hand to mush my face and push me away playfully. I couldn't help but laugh at him.

My phone vibrated once again. I smiled, knowing it was probably Rakim.

I opened my phone, and read the message. It was from a random number.

(323)-275-1658: Hey

That's odd. I could've sworn I changed Rakim's name. As I was about to change it once again, another message was sent to me

(323)-275-1658: It's Tyler

― HOW DO YOU LIKE IT SO FAR?LEAVE A COMMENT

HOW DO YOU LIKE IT SO FAR?
LEAVE A COMMENT.
THANK YOU!