Imagine #5 (Part 1) - Dean Winchester

Imagine... (I can't tell you cuz it'd ruin the whole thing)

Word Count: 1083

~

Your eyes open with a start, your breathing is rapid as you take in the unfamiliar surroundings. Where am I? 

The room smells like pie and Dean's cologne. It's dark, but light from a window suggests that it's almost morning. 

Sitting upright, you glance beside you to see Dean - asleep and without a shirt on. 

You exhale slowly, trying to think of what had happened. 

One minute you were creeping through an abandoned building searching for a few missing people, and the next you're waking up to your crush in a kingsized bed?

Something ain't right here. You just have to figure out what.

Slowly, you crawl out of bed and make your way out of the bedroom. Framed photographs catch your attention. Pictures of you and Dean smiling and laughing and... kissing? 

Since when did that happen? 

You've had a crush on the oldest Winchester brother for years and he's never shown the slightest interest in you in a romantic way. If anything he's acted like you're a little sister or a really close friend. Heaven knows how much that had crushed your soul. 

But here you are, holding a framed photo of you kissing Dean. 

You pick up a photo album and open it to reveal wedding pictures. Pictures of you marrying Dean. 

You have to blink a few times before you realize what this means. 

"Y/n, baby, are you alright?" Dean's husky voice calls from the bedroom.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine." You yell back, still staring at the pictures in shock.

His footsteps reach your ears as he comes behind you and wraps his muscled arms around your waist.

He notices the wedding pictures. "Happiest day of my life."

"Huh?" you reply stupidly.

He looks down at you and smiles, "Our wedding day. Happiest day of my life. But nothing compared to the wedding night." He chuckles.

You break away from his grasp, "What's happening? Th-this isn't right!" 

He smiles in a confused way, "What are you talking about?"

"Where's Sam? And why do we have a house? And why were you in the same bed as me? And why-"

"Woah, hold on there. Are you drunk?" He asks pointedly.

"What? No!" 

He laughs, "Sure. I got to go, Babe. Work today."

"Wait, work? Do we have a hunt?" 

"Hunt? Babe, what are you talking about?"

You groan exasperatedly and shake your head. Dean shrugs and kisses you on the cheek before changing and then leaving for work. 

Still in shock, you try to find out what is going on. 

You call Sam, and he has the same reaction as Dean and turns out to be no help whatsoever. You go on the computer and research any weird going-ons in the vicinity. 

Finding nothing, you groan and cuss. 

The thing is, what if it was all a dream? What if this is reality and you're where you were always meant to be?

The wind stirs up, and you hear a faint whisper. You can't make out what the voice is saying, even though you try to. 

As the wind stops, you make your way to the old Winchester house, which turns out to not be far away from your house.

You get there and knock.

The door opens and you inhale sharply with surprise. 

John Winchester stands there, a smile plastered on his face. 

"John? Y-you're..."

"Y/n, nice to see you. Why you here? Dean driving you crazy?" He chuckles and lets you inside.

Without a word, you hug him. When you had last seen him, he had been lying on a pyre - dead and on fire. 

To see him alive and breathing and smiling was too much to take in. 

"Hey, what's this for?" He asks.

You still don't speak, instead you walk back out the door. 

Something still isn't right. 

The wind picks up again, more intense, and with it comes a whisper, "Y/n, wake up please!

You try to follow the voice, but it cuts out. 

Giving up, you go back to your 'house'. Dean is already home, and has made a nice romantic dinner with candles on the table. 

"Ah, you're home. Come eat."

You sit down and eat the food, asking Dean about his day and laughing at his jokes. In this moment, you couldn't be happier. This is what you've always wanted.

After dinner, Dean sits beside you on the couch. He smiles as you lean against him, warmth in your chest. 

And you stay like that, cuddled against each other for a bit, until Dean kisses you. At first, you kiss back, having waited for this moment for a long time. But then you hear something - someone. 

"Y/n, please. If you can hear me, it's not real! I know it's probably everything you've ever wanted, but it's not real! You have to fight it! Fight it Y/n!" The voice begs, and it sounds like Dean. 

You push away from Dean, and run. You run out the door and towards the last place you were before everything got weird.

The abandoned building. 

You find it after a while, and run in. 

You can't find anything in there, but you see corpses tied to the roof with needles sticking in them. You remember seeing this when you and Sam had saved Dean from the djinn. 

Of course! How come you didn't think of it before?

This is a dream, a wonderful fantasy that the djinn created for you while it slowly kills you. 

"Please, Y/n, just stay here. This is what you've always wanted!" Dean, or fake Dean begs, appearing at the end of the room. 

"This isn't real..."

"But it's everything you've ever dreamt of! You're happy here. Don't you deserve to be happy? Why do you have to give that all up? You don't really want to go back where Dean doesn't even acknowledge you, where John is dead, where you live in fear and pain everyday, do you? You deserve to be happy." 

His rant is in your head, and tears are streaming down your face.

Would it be so bad to die here? Happy and loved, even if it is just a dream? 

You know the answer deep down, even though it would be easier to ignore it. 

You can't stay here.

Taking out the silver blade that you carry with you at all times, you angle it towards your stomach. 

"Y/n, don't do it!" Dream Dean says. 

"I'm sorry," you cry as you plunge the blade inwards.