•128•

“If he survived that long, it would be like this,” Oda captioned the image above

Age 40: Yontoryuu (Four sword style) Zoro

Age 60: Gotoryuu (Five sword style) Zoro

Age 40: I’m quitting. Holding that katana in my mouth has made my back hurt~~~

Age 60: I’ll do dogeza (kneeling down) if you’ll lend me some money.

*****************************

As you can see, there are four images shown. Both rows depict Zoro at 40 and 60, but the top shows how he’d look if things go well for the pirate moving forward. As for the bottom row, it shows how Zoro would age if his story doesn’t end as planned.

Clearly, the top row has got fans feeling optimistic as Zoro seems to age well. His once spiky hair has been slicked back, and Zoro has more wrinkles upon his face. However, the swordsman is very recognizable, and he only ages better as his 60s roll in.

 However, the swordsman is very recognizable, and he only ages better as his 60s roll in

Unfortunately, the same grace is not given to Zoro’s dark future. At 40, the former pirate is seen balding with his teeth missing in action. Zoro’s look at 60leaves him completely toothless and rocking some seriously scattered facial hair. The aesthetic is far cry from the one Zoro has under his good ending, and fans are keeping their fingers crossed the swordsman lives long enough to age so well.