Everyone sighed heavily. A visit from Lucifer...

-----------

An image materialized in the drawing room of a fellow friend's house. Damn... She had forgotten how well the vampire lived. Even though Lu was a warrior, he had the tastes of an aristocrat and it made sense. He'd started his life as a noble son, and fine living was still a value to him. His nineteenth- century mansion he had built for them was well cared for, filled with antiques and works of art. It was as secure as a bank vault. But the drawing room's soft yellow walls hurt her eyes. She hated bright rooms...Why did it have to be bright?

"What a pleasant surprise, my lady" Mephistopheles, the butler of the house, came in from the front hall and bowed deeply while shutting off the lights to ease his family's frequent blinking. As usual, the old noble servant was dressed in his favorite see-through getup. He'd been around for over hundred or so years and was a servant under her and The Prince ever since she transitioned into hell's most desired and feared Demoness. "Will you be long, my lady?"

Lilith shook her head in a chuckle. Not if he could help it. "A few days... Tops"

"Your rooms are ready. Should you need my assistance, I am here" Mephisto bent at the waist again and walked backward out of the room, closing the double doors behind him. Dante bowed his head silently before quietly ascended the stairs nearby, heading towards his room. Grim smirked at Lilith before his empty eyes directed to her. "Go on, son. I know you want to see Death" she chided. Grim bowed before a disembodied voice spoke " Thank you" As Grim walked out of the building, Lilith went over to a seven- foot- tall portrait of what she'd been told was a Greek God. Ares, God of War... Not bad for a man with a small cock. She chuckled to herself as she walked up to it.

When Abaddon made them, he made sure not to insult them physically... Though, nothing could be said about their consistent need for adultery and incest. They were said to have disappeared along with Atlantis and Pompeii. But, no vampire had seen them since.

She put her hand on the right side of the stone sculpture, and the canvas pivoted to reveal a dark stone hall lit with gas lamps.

Stepping inside, she took a set of stairs deep into the earth. At the bottom landing there were two doors. One went to Mephisto's sumptuous quarters. The other opened to what Lilith supposed was a home away from home for her. Most days, she slept in a castle filled with jewels and riches, witches at her beck and call, Succubi and Incubi heeding to her most erotic and twisted desires in Luc's absence. But she would never invite Mephistopheles there. Or even any of her servants. Her privacy was precious now. As she stepped inside, candles mounted into the walls flared around the room at her will. Their golden glow barely made headway against the darkness.

In deference to Lilith's trouble with strong light, Luc had painted the walls and twenty-foot-high ceiling black. In one corner there was a massive bed with black and red satin sheets and a thicket of pillows. Across the way, was a leather couch, a wide- screen TV, and a door that opened into a black marble bathroom. There was also a closet full of weapons and clothes. For some reason, Mephisto was always bugging her to stay there... Come back and stay with his master. It was a goddamned mystery. There wasn't a defense issue, because, of course, he could handle himself. And the idea of a vampire like Mephisto would be lonely was ludicrous. He had Margaretta.

Lilith sensed one of the servants before he came into the room. The scent of the ocean, a clean breeze, preceded her. Let's get this over with, she thought. She was itching to get back into the streets. She's had a taste for some Vietnamese dishes, and tonight she wanted to gorge herself. She turned around. Lucifer in his pride and glory bowed his slight body to her, she sensed devotion and a primal lust weaving together in the air around him.