Chapter XI: Before Sunset

Depuis le début

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Niklaus replies, turning to his sister.

"He's not and he's a vampire, thanks to Mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's stronger, Nik, too strong." She complains to her brother, pacing around the room.

"Where is he now?" He asks.

"Stuck at school without a daylight ring. But as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to stop him now while he have the chance." She answers her brother.

"No, I'll collect Elena and we'll be leaving this town for once and for all." He disagrees, shaking his head at his sister.

"No, we can't just leave, we need to stop Alaric before night falls." She argues with him.

"Why are you defending that we kill Alaric?" He groans at her.

Rebekah hesitates to answer but she finally mumbles why, "Because he has Rosa."

"What?" That was all what Niklaus replies, stuttering.

"Leave, Rebekah. I'll handle this on my own. Go to New Orleans reunite with Elijah." Niklaus demands, Rebekah tries to argue but she frowns knowing that arguing with her brother would waste time.

~

Gilbert House

Elena was painting Alaric's room, grey, a brighter color than the dark green it used to be until her phone rang. She looked at the id and saw it was Alaric, she stared at it confused and answered, "Whoever this is, it's not funny."

"Who else would it be?" Alaric's despicable voice replies through the phone.

"Ric?" Elena stutters when she heard the voice.

"Listen closely. I'm at the school. I have Caroline and Rosabella. And if you wanna keep them alive, I need you to get in your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill them." Alaric commands, ending the call. She nods, getting out quietly.

Jeremy was downstairs when the doorbell rang, he opened the door and saw Niklaus in front. He looks at him, "What the hell do you want?"

"Is that any way to treat a guest?" Niklaus replies, chuckling at him.

Then the two Salvatores appeared, Stefan asks, "What are you doing here?"

"For starters, young Jeremy here could show some manners and invite me inside." Niklaus replies to Stefan.

"Why don't you go up to your room?" Damon commands to Jeremy, who remained standing glaring at Niklaus, "now." Damon adds.

"Hmm, poor lad. Loses one questionable father figure only to be replaced by the two of you." Niklaus shakes his head in devastation.

"Yeah, about that, something happened." Damon trails off.

"Oh, I know about my mother's invulnerable little creation, that's why I'm here. I'm leaving town. Just to pick up a few road-trip necessities." Niklaus smirks at the two brothers, "spare tire, flashlight, doppelgänger."

"Can't help you there." Damon closes the door on his face.

"Elena." Stefan calls out for her from downstairs but didn't hear any reply from her, he went upstairs and saw Jeremy but didn't see Elena, "where is she?"

"I don't know. She was just here a few minutes ago." Jeremy answers continuing to paint. Stefan runs down and saw Damon, "Where is she?"

"She's not here." Stefan answers.