Chapter X: Do Not Go Gentle

Chapter 10:
Do Not Go Gentle
_________

Chapter 10:Do Not Go Gentle_________

_________

After our small but huge turn of events trip to Denver then to Kansas, I went to bed in the Salvatore boarding house due to the tiredness that took over me the second I stood out the car. Remembering that today is the decade dance and Rebekah begged me to come with her, I still lack a dress to wear for the dance later.

I get on my car and drive to the Mikaelson mansion, hearing Rebekah and Niklaus' voice in the living room and the fire burning brighter. I enter the home and saw Rebekah on her way out, "Hey, Bekah."

"Remember the dance later." Rebekah reminds me, ignoring my greeting to her. I nod, looking at her confused then avert my gaze to Nik.

"I did not expect you to give in and let Rebekah have one last hurrah..." I frown, admiring the painting he's doing right now.

"Well, we still have some time." Niklaus chuckles, placing his paintbrush down and turn to me, "you know, love, I won't persuade you but you are welcome to join us in New Orleans."

New Orleans, the city that never just stop partying. I remember all the details of my stay there, that city stands out from all the places I've visited over my life. I smile at Nik's offer, "That is an offer I cannot refuse, nonetheless, I cannot leave Damon and Stefan while they are having problems. Who knows the problem they will face when I depart them."

"Then I'll gladly fly you back in a private jet that I'll buy you!" Nik suggests a solution to my dilemma.

"Really, Niklaus. I'll come to New Orleans when it's best to leave Mystic Falls." I answer.

"Best? Nothing good happens in this god-forsaken town, love! This town is cursed with magic we'll never get rid of." Niklaus argues, accidentally throwing his glass of bourbon in the fireplace making it blow brighter.

"I know, but Nik, Stefan and Damon deserves peace as much as we do, don't forget Bonnie Bennett, she lost her grams and mother because of us!" I return back at him.

"Don't add her to this, she has nothing to do with this." Niklaus groans furiously.

"She does, Niklaus! She's done nothing but sacrifice herself into saving everyone. I want to do the same for all of you and the humans in Mystic Falls that deserves freedom from us!" I retort, pushing Niklaus back in anger. "I saw her weeping from the pressure she has been through the other day and I remembered myself when my family died, Niklaus. Don't you feel remorse for her?" I sob, not realizing that I was already in tears. Niklaus looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, love." Niklaus stutters, hugging me. "come on, let's get you dolled up for the dance." I chuckle sadly but follow him to my room.

Niklaus was the one to pick out a dress from my closet, "I haven't had the time to go shop for a dress, Niklaus. You mostly will not find anything appropriate for a 1920s dance."