Chapter XI: Before Sunset

Chapter 11:
Before Sunset
_________

Chapter 11:Before Sunset_________

_________

I whine, walking out the door with Rebekah behind me pushing me outside, "Come on!"

"Do I really have to? I had a very tiring night!" I whine at Rebekah, she's begging me to come with her at her work as the clean-up committee with Caroline and only her due to the other people bailing.

"Just get in." Rebekah argues. I stomp into the car and she drives to the school.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline walks in the cafeteria, asking the both of us while we clean up the mess from last night.

"He bailed, got called into work at the last minute." Rebekah answers, groaning at the amount of work we have to do.

"Are you kidding me? So, it's just us?" Caroline asks.

"Yes, and you're late." Rebekah points out to Caroline, "Clean-up committee started at 8:00."

"It's like, 8:02." She replies, looking at her watch.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized." Rebekah rolls her eyes, walking past Caroline.

"I'm sorry about your mom. I mean, you know, like, hated her and everything... but still, I'm sorry." Caroline mumbles at Rebekah.

"I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy." Rebekah nods, turning over the box to throw the trash into the bin.

"Yeah, he was." Caroline nods, agreeing at Rebekah's reply.

"I'm gonna get started on the gym." Rebekah walks out. I smile at Caroline and follow Rebekah to the gym to help her.

We were in the hallway on our way to the gym until we saw a particular man in the middle of the hallway, staring at us.

"You're supposed to be dead." I stutter when I saw him.

"I am." He replies, Rebekah ran to him but he was faster and tackled Rebekah and hit her back on the locker. I use my magic to hold him back then Caroline appear and pushed him away from Rebekah. I run and grab the white oak stake from him and stab it in his stomach but nothing happened as if the white oak couldn't kill him. We stared at each other and sped away from Alaric.

I saw Caroline, shaking trying to get her car keys until it fell down to the ground, Rebekah held me back, "Rosa, no, you'll get killed!"

"We need to help her!" I take my hand back and sped towards Caroline to get her keys but Alaric appeared behind us. Gasping, I use my magic to give him an aneurysm, but nothing happened he chuckles, "Nice try." Then suddenly, he snapped my neck.

~

Mikaelson mansion

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." Rebekah says to her brother when she sped back home.