Chapter III: Bringing Out the Dead

Chapter 3:
Bringing Out the Dead
_________

Chapter 3: Bringing Out the Dead_________

_________

Pulling my car in front of the Salvatore boarding house, turning off the engine of my car then rapidly running inside and I saw both of the brothers in the living room putting on their tuxedos. I stutter, "What?"

"We need you." Damon answers, his hands leaving the buttons of his polo which left the top two buttons unbuttoned. He grabs my arm, "Dress up in whatever looks formal, a dress or something?"

"Ok, ok. But can someone please explain to me why I had to drive hours just to see you two dressing up?" I ask, throwing my hands up in the air, glaring at the two brothers.

Stefan nods at Damon, "We're having dinner with some guys, that's it."

"I don't know what your meaning of help is, but this isn't what I meant. I thought maybe a big bad vampire killed one of you or took 'precious' Elena!" I groan, stomping to my room and grabbed a decent dress to wear for this occasion.

Then I heard a knock on the door and it was Damon, "Ok, we're having dinner with some guys because we stole something precious from him that has the means to kill him and we want to negotiate." Damon explains further, nodding I ask him, "What's in it for me?"

"Well, they're old, very old. They won't try do to anything if you're with us. You're like our saving grace!" Damon smirks, then leaves the room, stopping in the doorway to comment at my dress, "Red looks really great on you."

I shake my head, then turning to the dress hanging on the closet and nod, "It does." Before placing it on.

It has been thirty minutes since we left their home to go to some old vampire house and I've been arguing with the two idiots on the way there.

"I'm regretting letting her come, Stefan." Damon says through gritted teeth, I hiss at Damon, "I regret not killing you back in the nineties!" I sit back in the backseat and cross my arms, adding, "If the guys we're meeting is the family that I told you two about, I'm gonna put my hand down your throat and pull out your insides."

Then I heard the two's heart skip a beat when I said that, I narrow my eyes at them before making the car stop with my magic making Stefan groan. Turning to face back to me, "Really?"

"Is it them?" I ask them one last time.

"They're not!" Damon says, I nod then making the car move again, while the two brothers stare at each other in fear.

"I never told you this but why I asked you if we were going to meet the family... is because I was scared to face them, I abandoned them when their father came and tried killing us all. He probably wanted to use our heads as a footstool as a remembrance of his victory against his demon children but his anger towards me was insufferable, because I was a resemblance of a daughter he once had until I had become infatuated with one his child that he strongly hated. He threatened to kill my family unless I don't surround myself with him, anymore. I didn't listen to him then found out he killed my family just because I wouldn't stay away from him. I then swore that I will not stop until I see him, burning into ashes with his blood on my hands for all the blood that he spilled, his treasons will never be forgotten." I tell, curling my fists into a ball. Damon grabs my hand and says comfortingly, "I'm sorry, Bella."