Protecting the Devil's Angel

The door shook uncontrollably as Dean cowered in the corner. There was no way he was opening it... not after what he'd seen. His mind was racing & his palms were wet with sweat as tears ran down his very rosy cheeks. He heard the pattering of feet & covered his own mouth because he knew at his tender age that he had a tendency to breathe loud at times. Especially now since he jetted through the huge house & had to find a hiding spot. He was definitely out of breath. The closet was dark, but light peeked through enough for him to see shadows in his room. He backed away from the closet door as the door finally stopped shaking. His heart was still hammering against his rib cage, but he was happy they'd given up on the locked door. He heard the footsteps recede as they left the room in search of another. After a few moments of silence he crawled to the door & slowly pulled the key from the lock underneath the doorknob. He peered through the tiny keyhole to see a little of the bed & the chair in the far corner of the bedroom, but nothing more. He grabbed the doorknob as he tried to see more, but no luck. He wanted be sure he was alone before he came out. He gripped the bronze key and went to stick it in the door, but jerked back. Something was telling him to stay put. He bit his bottom lip as more tears coated his cheeks continuously and he went to peer through the hole again. The moment he did, he saw an eye stare back at him. He screamed as the person grabbed the doorknob and began to twist.

Dean crawled deeper in the closet as he gripped the bronze key in his hand. He was crying hysterically as the person pounded heavily on the door to get in. He shut his eyes tight as he held his knees tightly against his chest. He was trapped & he heard the wood on the door snapping off the hinges. He was trembling beyond belief and there was no way out. The noises suddenly ceased and it startled him. He raised his head slowly as he sniffled.

"Dean..." he heard a familiar voice call and it shocked him to his very core. He swallowed hard as he kept listening. "Dean...its mommy. Open the door." "Mommy?" he asked relieved. "Yes baby. Now open the door." She replied cautiously. He slowly crawled from the corned once more & stuck the key in the lock. He twisted the key & the moment the lock clicked, the door flung open. The rush of air frightened him, but there stood his mother. She grabbed him forcefully & picked him up. "Mommy where are we going?" he asked as she carried him swiftly from his room and down the hall. She didn't say a word as they passed her bedroom and he saw blood smeared everywhere. His eyes widened in alarm as she kept going. "Mommy..." he asked as he heard running water coming from the bathroom. She pushed the door open and he saw the same guy he was running from standing there over the tub. He quivered the moment he saw him because he wasn't just a person. Dean could see what others shouldn't. Dean knew something wasn't right, but he didn't know what to do. His mother put him down and stood in the way of the exit.

"Get in the tub baby." She ordered and he stood looking up at her. He shook his head slowly disapproving and the tall male stared over at his mother.

"Told you this wasn't going to work." He murmured. He was about 6'5 and wearing dark colored armor. There where holsters that held multiple blades, some small & others huge beyond words. Something a little boy should never see.

"It was worth a shot." His mother replied staring at the huge menacing looking guy. "Grab him." She ordered as her attention turned back to Dean. He panicked and tried to run for the door, but his mother caught him. She lifted him up with little effort, ripping his pajama top in the process.

"Stop squirming Dean." She replied throwing him in the filled tub and water ran over, splashing to the floor. He screamed, not just because the water was hot, but because the tall male leaned over the tub and held him down.

"Mommy!!" Dean tried to scream, but ended up swallowing water as his head went under. He began to suffocate as the water entered his lungs & got sucked up like a sponge. He began thrashing & more water rippled over the side of the beat up tub. He grabbed the sides of the tub & tried to pull himself out and the moment he did, he saw his mother pull out a blade before locking eyes with him.

"Sarah hurry up." The huge guy ordered and she gave him a menacing stare before reaching down and grabbing Dean's wrist. Without hesitation she stuck the blade to his wrist & ran from the top of his hand down his wrist. She knew that would be more effective than going straight across the wrist itself. She watched as the blade seared his flesh & opened it, causing blood to flow out endlessly. Dean screamed from the pain, but it was never heard because his head was submerged in the steaming water. He choked as he swallowed more & pushed his way to the surface once more to see his mother. Only a blurry image to him now, as she ripped his other wrist open with the same bloody blade. Her flesh seemed to melt away & reveal a different person and just in that moment he knew he was dying. He couldn't understand why she would hurt like that. Everything began to grow black as he felt his bloody rushing from is wounds & into the water surrounding him. He began to feel light as his body seemed to become one with the water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Samuel!!" Michael shouted as he stalked through the bloody mess that was left of the tiny apartment. He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw blood smeared all over the queen sized bed & his heart sank a bit. He slowly walked into the room and saw the room a total wreck. The covers were totally drenched in blood and all over the place. He tipped around the bed to see Dean's mother sprawled in her own blood on the floor. He was taken aback by the whole gruesome scene. He knelt to her & moved the fresh blood away from her face. He took in a much needed breath and stood. He turned to leave the room and saw Sarah standing with Samuel.

"Where is he?" his voice no more than a whisper as he stared them in the eyes.

"You know what we had to do." Sarah said and he pushed passed her down the hall to Dean's room. He saw the covers pulled back on his bed & the closet door wide open.

"Where...is he?" he asked again knowing they were behind him. When no answer came, he turned and saw the bathroom light on. He hustled down the tiny dim hallway & heard Dean's screams echo through the air. But they were nothing but things that had already taken place. He stopped in the doorway and saw the carnage. The tub was filled with water that was now ruby red. He could see Dean's blood smeared on the side of the tub and floor. But there was no body.

"We carried out our orders..." "He was only a little boy." Michael replied cutting Sarah off. "He was an abomination none the less & we carried out our orders as you ordered."

Michael turned to them & sneered angrily as his wings began to illuminate for them to see. He was damn sure angry. Yeah, he knew the rules, but he hadn't told them to butcher a mother & her son the way they did. Samuel smirked as he watched Michael grow livid. He loved his job with a passion. Killing "sin" was like being a kid in a playground to him and this case was no different.

"Where is his body?" Michael asked once more. He just wanted one answer that they wouldn't give. "Before we finished the job, they came & took him."

"They..." he stopped speechless before finishing. "...they took him? And you didn't stop them?!"

"They have no use for him. Besides he's as good as dead. He's marked and was damn near dead when they grabbed him." Sam spat angrily & he was right.

"He was six and you slit his wrist." Michael grumbled manifesting his sword in hand & Sarah stepped back. "Your holiness we meant no wrong. We were just doing our job."

She'd seen him wield his sword before & there was no was she was going up against him. No angel would. He was the best, trained by the Man himself.

"You're angels....and you butchered them." He said still standing his ground. It was taking everything in him not to kill them. Not for what'd they'd done, but how they did it. He knew there was no way to let the little boy or his mother live, but they didn't have to die so bad.

"He saw us kill his mother..." she replied and he grimaced. "He hid...and I made myself look like her..." "Leave." He ordered & without hesitation they did. He stood alone in the apartment & tried to gather his own thoughts. Sometimes he swore they were demons themselves.