Chapter 2 - Execution By Elephant

Chapter 2 - Execution by Elephant

The prisoner was found guilty and their sentence was passed. This was the moment Lucas had been waiting for all day, the moment when he could watch the prisoner’s blood being spilled all over the roads of the city. A rope was tied around the prisoner’s waist before being tied underneath the foot of the chosen elephant that stood patiently nearby with its trainer.

All the while, the prisoner was screaming that they were innocent. That they had been found guilty on a false charge but Lucas just stood in the crowd and smiled as the last rope was tied around the elephants foot, for what seemed like forever the elephant stood there with its foot suspended in the air but eventually the trainer signalled for the elephant to lower its foot.

The cracking of bones echoed around the courtyard but it was the agonised screams of the prisoner that made the walls shake as their bones were crushed into dust. With every step the elephant took more and more cracks could be heard until there were no bones left in the prisoner’s body; now it was time for the prisoner’s inner organs to seep out and mark the city pavements. As the elephant marched through the streets the prisoner’s body scraped along the floor until their right leg, crushed and bloody, finally detached itself from the rest of the prisoner and lay motionless on the floor. By this point the prisoner was in shock and couldn’t scream any more.

‘And now the final stage of execution’ the judge declared before the prisoner was untied from the elephants foot and thrown over a raised platform. The prisoners head rested on the platform and the elephant stood in front of him. With the last piece of strength the prisoner could muster they looked up into the eyes of the elephant just as its suspended foot began its descent right above the prisoners head. The prisoner could feel the weight of the foot pushing down on their heads causing their eyes to bulge and their ears to bleed. Their nose was the first thing to be crushed, then the brow bone and jaw, then the rest of the head until the prisoner was nothing but a gory mess of blood, skin and organs spewed over the streets.

From the crowd Lucas gazed on at the sight in front of him, feeling no remorse for the person who he had just framed and ultimately killed. But at least he was free to live another day and frame another victim.