Her Day Starts With A Coffee And Ends With A Wine

It was late Sunday night and Brian was exhausted from touring all weekend. Him and the guys had just gotten back from a quick weekend tour in upstate New York. He had just gotten home and was about to start unpacking when a beer and his couch seemed a lot more inviting.

Their new tour manager, Kyle, messed up their travel arrangements and didn't order their car like he should have which caused them getting home later than they would have liked. He was getting a little fed up with this new guy and his constant mistakes. Maren would have never made these stupid mistakes. He then let out a heavy sigh as he thought about her. It had been three months since he had seen or talked to her. He thought back to when he found out she had up and left New York for good.

Three Months Earlier:

They were on set of After Party at a brewery on Staten Island. He was shooting the shit with Fatone and doing anything he could possibly do to keep his mind busy. The photos of Maren and the video of the two of them had been a constant weight on his shoulders for almost a week now. When he got back from Key West though he realized how much he overreacted and although still upset he wanted to talk to Maren. His calls and texts were falling on dead air so he had decided to wait and give her some space.

They were about to start shooting when Joe walked by looking bothered. Brian wasn't the only one to notice. "Joey what's wrong?" Cha asked seeing the look of concern on her bosses' face.

Joe looked up from his phone. "I just got off the phone with Bessy. She's real upset."

"Everything okay?" Murr interrupted.

"Maren's gone. She broke her lease here and picked up and moved to Florida. She's really never coming back." Joe said. He saw the look in Brian's eyes. "It's done Q." He said to his friend taking a seat.

Present Day:

Brian didn't remember anything from that episode they shot. He was relatively quiet the whole time only speaking when it was absolutely necessary. He wanted so badly to ask Joe or the others if they had spoken to Maren but he knew he shouldn't. It had been months and they were finally starting to act normal around him again. Losing Maren was a big hit to everyone and he knew he was to blame for it. He just hoped that whatever she was doing now, she was okay but he still couldn't help but wonder if she still thought about him.
________________________________
Monday morning and Maren started her day like she started every day now, breathing in the ocean air with a coffee. Life here was much more carefree than it was in New York. She had gotten a job as a PR consultant and social media analyst for a small entertainment venue down here. The pay wasn't amazing but she was doing fine with what she had in savings. However the peace of mind was worth the pay cut. It also had the perks of her being able to make her own hours. When she worked for the Jokers she swore she was on call 24/7. However they did make it financially worth it.

Whenever she thought of New York she couldn't help that her heart ached. She wondered how everyone was doing; Bessy, Joe, Sal, Murray...and as much as she didn't want to Brian. At first she was getting calls and texts from him asking to talk. She never answered a single one and eventually they stopped. Maren was certain he had moved on and their short romance wasn't even on his mind anymore.
________________________________
One morning Maren's phone went off with an incoming text.
Bessy: Guess who will be in Key West this weekend!

Maren: Seriously?! For what?

Bessy: Joe's down there working, my parents have the kids so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to sneak off and see my long lost friend.
_____________________________
"I don't know about this now." Bessy said to her husband unsure if he should be coming along.