When She Drives Me Wild

Maren moaned into the kiss; she didn't want to but it was just out of her control. As Brian wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her as close as he possibly could she reached up her hands and touched his much fuller beard than she was used to. However she was loving every second of touching him again.

"Oh Maren." He said against her lips and then quickly attacked them again. "God I fucking missed you." He muttered into her mouth.

Kissing this man felt like the most natural and right thing in the world. Being in his arms again and feeling his body pressed against hers was all she needed. As they kissed every single emotion she tried to block out came rushing back to her. During their heated exchange his Yankees hat fell off his head but he didn't seem to notice nor care.

For those few moments Brian had thought he got her back. He couldn't believe it. Pulling back slightly he cupped her face again, like he knew she loved and stared into her eyes. "Baby we're gonna make this work." He whispered as he kissed her forehead gently.

Once those words left his mouth, Maren came back down to reality. She quit her job, moved away from New York, and started completely over. The one thing she kept repeating to herself not to do had happened and she had to get away. Maren quickly stepped back and out of his embrace.

"Maren?" He said confusingly trying to step closer to her but it was no use; every step forward he took she would just take another back.

"No." She said in a sad whisper. "I can't do this again. We have to be done Brian."

"You still love me Maren, I felt it in the way you just kissed me." He insisted.

"Of course I do. That love just doesn't go away so easily." She agreed. "But I have to figure out how to not love you anymore." There was nothing left to say. She took one final look at him and decided this park was where they had to say goodbye to Brian and Maren, the couple.
________________________________
For two whole days that night replayed in Brian's head over and over again. The heartbreak he saw on her face that night was something he knew he could never repair. Their only option at this point was to salvage this tour and go their separate ways for good.

Tonight Brian had a Tell Em Steve Dave recoding at The Stash. Usually he was excited about this but today all he wanted to do was go home and hide from the world. However he had a commitment to his friends so made the drive to Jersey.

It took all of five seconds for Walt and Bryan to realize something was wrong with their friend. He hadn't returned any of Bryan's text messages the past couple days which was very out of character. Usually they liked to joke around and hang before turning on the mics but tonight Q headed straight to the back and sat at the poker table without a word. He was good at putting on an act for the mics so that's what he intended to do.

Walt and Bryan took one look at each other and immediately followed to the back. "What's up bud?" Walt asked first.

"I talked to Maren. She's back in New York." Q sighed. "We kissed."

"This is good right?" Walt asked.

"No, no it's not." He answered then proceeded to explain everything. After finishing telling his friends about the past 48 hours Brian realized exactly what he had to do.

Soon after Johnson started the podcast with how he always does, "Hello and welcome to this week's edition of Tell Em Steve Dave. I have Walt."

"Hello." Walt greeted.

"And good ol BQ." Johnson added.

Johnson has a list of topics he wanted to cover over the next hour and a half and just when he was about to begin, Q interrupted. "If you both don't mind I have one thing I need to address on air quickly.