Chapter Thirteen *Edited*

Angelica awoke the next morning with a bright smile, the previous night's events still remained embedded in her mind. She couldn't help the excitement that filled her heart at the thought of what last night meant for her and Mateo, she had never had a night as amazing as that before. He had made her feel so protected and appreciated.

She let a content sigh leave her lips before turning over. There he lay in all his naked glory; the sheet barely covered his lower body making Angelica bite her lip. Her eyes scan his body before falling on his angelic face, never had he looked more peaceful. She finds herself admiring him, she couldn't believe that she had spent the night with him. She didn't regret it one bit, he had made her feel so special, throughout the night he had been so careful with her, almost as though he thought he would break her.

"Why are you staring?" his voice is husky as he peeks up at her through one eye, a cheeky grin remaining on his face. Her smile brightens as she rests her head on his bare chest, "it's called gazing" she hears him chuckle.

"Whatever you say." His arm wraps around her as he hums to himself, their legs remaining entangled as she leans up to kiss him.

She pulls back earning a groan in protest, "come back here" he flips them over so he is towering over her, a smirk playing on his lips as Angelica giggles. His eyes light up at the sight of her happiness, she truly was beautiful. His lips meet hers once more, earning a moan in return.

*****

"I have to get to the salon soon" she informs him begrudgingly.

Mateo nods at her from where he stood in the kitchen. It had been a good hour since the two awoke, they had their fun before sharing a shower together. Now they were both getting ready to head to work, both unsure about how to approach the elephant in the room.

Angelica smiles as an unsure sigh leaves her lips. "Mateo, we need to talk about what this means for us. I need to know where you want this to go." her eyes remain firmly on the floor as her nerves get the better of her. Mateo smiles softly at seeing her uneasiness, she really had no reason to be concerned in his eyes. They both had an amazing night, and both cared deeply for one another.

He sits himself at the small table and pulls her into his lap, "I would like for you to be my partner, my woman. You know my -how do you say- girlfriend?" his heart rate increases as he speaks his mind. He deeply fears her rejection in this moment, he feels vulnerable for the first time ever. She had complete say over where their relationship went from here, she could make or break it with her next words. That alone scared the living shit out of him, he was afraid he would lose her.

Angelica feels her heart skip a beat; her stomach was doing flips whilst she herself tried to remain calm. She never imagined he would ask her to be his girlfriend, she had thought that he would want to remain friends even after their night of passion. Mateo had never shown this kind of affection with a woman before from what she had been told, and yet he had taken a leap with her.

"Angelica?" his uneasy voice pulled her from her thoughts, only now did she realise that she had yet to answer his question. Her eyes meet his, all his worries and fears were visible within his chocolate orbs. Her hand reaches up to stroke his cheek, as her lips meet his softly. She feels him smile into the kiss before pulling away. "I'm all yours" she tells him with a grin, feeling ridiculously happy to have finally found a man who truly cared about her feelings.

She rests her head against his as a wide smile remains on his face, she had never seen him so happy. "I have a girlfriend" she giggles upon hearing him speak to himself, it was almost as if he himself couldn't believe that he had a girlfriend. The idea of a relationship had clearly never been something of a priority for him, till now.