Chapter Four *Edited*

The next morning, Angelica sat in bed feeling emotionally exhausted, she hadn't known Kenneth long but already felt a friendship had blossomed, he had made a big impression on her in the few days that they had known one another.

She stands, ignoring the awful reflection that stares back at her in the mirror. She sighs and decides to take a shower before getting ready for the day ahead. She walks out of her bedroom only to stop in surprise at the doorway, her gaze fixates on the man sleeping on her sofa. Her mind races, trying to remember what had happened after Kenneth was rushed to the hospital, but in all honesty, it was all a blur, her emotions clearly had got the best of her. She stares at Mateo as he sleeps peacefully, he looks so innocent. From what she could see he was clothed, well, apart from his shoes and shirt. He is still wearing his black trousers which is a good sign, right?

"You like staring at me?"

Her heart skips a beat as his eyes opens and meet her own. He offers her a simple lopsided grin; it was almost as if he was trying to cheer her up or change whatever thoughts were on her mind.

She smiles and rolls her eyes "well, you're not bad to look at."

She sits beside him as he sits himself upright, his hair sticks up in every direction making her giggle. Mateo looks to her still half asleep and confused, "what you laughing at?" his head tilts slightly making her giggle all the more. She smiles and points to the mirror above her fireplace feeling her voice would fail her.

He stands before cocking an eyebrow and grinning at her "you don't think this suits me? Not sexy enough?" his accent is strong and husky in the morning making her grin all the more as she shakes her head and heads towards the kitchen to make them both a cup of much needed coffee.

She turns to face him just as he pulls his black shirt on and seats himself on her kitchen counter top "Mateo? Did we- well did we- you know?" her voice is full of uncertainty and concern as the cups of coffee become increasingly more interesting.

"No. I take care of you; you were very upset after Kenneth's accident so I bring you here and look after you."

She breathes a sigh of relief and hands a cup of coffee to Mateo before taking a sip of her own. "What happened?" her gaze meets his as he frowns.

"You no remember?"

She shakes her head frowning "I was very upset, it's all a blur to be honest" he nods smiling sadly.

"You were very upset, told me you wanted to go home so we came here. We talked for a little while, your very cute when your upset," she rolls her eyes. "Liam phoned you, Kenneth had a heart attack and is being kept in the hospital. I didn't want to leave you alone so I slept on the sofa. Very uncomfortable." he pulls a puppy eyed sad face before hopping off the counter and standing in front of her, his eyes lock on hers as he pushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thank you, Mateo" her voice is barely a whisper as her heart thumps in her chest.

Her mobile rings pulling the two apart, her hand flies towards her phone in a hurry to answer it before the line went dead. Mateo watches her with a smile, his heart beat beyond the normal rate as his eyes follow her every movement. Her voice was angelic as she spoke into the phone, she was hypnotic, and the best part was that she didn't even know it. She wasn't like all the other British women; she was strong and beautiful but also vulnerable and broken. He could see her pain, it was there when she thought no one was looking at her, only problem was that Mateo always found himself looking.

"I have to go" her voice pulls him from his thoughts, she stands, holding her bag with a smile on her face. "I need to go and meet Liam in the lobby, were going to go see Kenneth in the hospital" she explains.