She chuckled nervously, trying to hide it. "It's fine. Maybe one day you can meet this... Hannah person. She seems like a good person... don't you think so?" She winks at me and leaves. With that... I blushed I put my head on the table.

Could I be liking Hanji?

*   *   *

"Heya Levi." Hanji's voice began to soothe me as I called her up on a private call. "Jeez... not to make things weird... some of my friends today got a bit... weirded out."

"Oh? Like what?" 

She chuckles a bit. "Well... after the incident last night, they thought I was seeing someone because I was 'too cheerful' than usual. When I told them that I was playing with a couple of other people... they kinda made fun of me and thought I was playing with my new boyfriend. Weird, right?"

"No no. I-I get you." I chuckled, remembering lunch. "Earlier today, my friends began to tease me about y-you..." I sighed, knowing it was embarrassing to tell.

"Oh? Do tell..." She chuckles a bit, lifting the animosity between us.

Smiling, I began to tell her a vague overview about what happened. "They were all kinda surprised you were a girl... so um... they all began to tease me. Kinda thought that there was something... er, between us." Just saying an overview still kinda made me embarrassed. My ears and cheeks began to burn. 

Hanji chuckles softly. "Reminds me... did you tell them my real name?"

"Of course not. I realized how important you kept your name as a secret... so I helped keep your real name in the dark. And also I kinda assumed you didn't want me to tell anyone. You know... kinda keep it between us two."

Her chuckles were so light-hearted... ignoring everything else. Heck, even my gloomy, dark room felt brightened by her chuckles. If I could see her smile, I bet it would look beautiful. "Well, kinda contradicts with the things you said to your friends... if we did keep my name a secret, it is something between us."

My cheeks grew bright red and warm as she mentions that. "H-Hanji! C-Come on..." Why was I stuttering? Even the other times when I was embarrassed, I never stuttered... "A joke, right?"

"Yep! Levi, lighten up. Haha." She continues to laugh in a cute way. "I know what your friends meant by that. They thought we had a thing for each other, right? Kinda funny, isn't it?"

I nod, knowing she could never see it behind the screen. I just... want to meet with her so I know her a bit better. It's a bit too soon for me to invite her to my squad. But... not too soon for me to invite her to other things... maybe. "Yeah, kinda is funny when you're not being teased by them."

"I guess so." 

Suddenly my phone rings and I realize that it was time for us to play online. "Hanji, give me a second." I say to her as I answered my phone. My voice turned from a tranquil tone to a cold tone. "What?"

Erwin laughed as he heard me. "Is that all you gotta say to me, Levi?" I groaned as he laughed at that. "A-Anyways... it's 5. Hurry up and host it, Levi."

"Alright, alright. Like jeez, get off my back- for once. Hold your damn eyebrows back from attacking. I'm serious."

From my headphones, I heard Hanji snicker- don't tell me Erwin heard that. "Whatever... I'm getting off now. Call us back." He says quickly before he hung up.

With that, I sighed and began to log onto the server. "Wow... he seems... tense..." Hanji chuckles softly. "Also seems to me that he does need to loosen up... is he one of those people that gets all bossy when things doesn't go his way?"

"Hah, exactly, Hanji. Also... I'll try my best to keep calling you Hannah... can't keep a promise to not say your name on accident."

"Is my name that irresistible to not say?" She chuckles softly.

"U-Uh..." I couldn't handle it. The way she's just making me embarrassed... different from whatever other people can do to me. She's seems like that one friend who will always tease you and always in that 'but we're great friends' way.

But once more, she chuckles. "It's alright. Maybe soon... we can talk more? Like... almost a face-to-face. You know... uh... a video call? Only if you want..."

I chuckled as I watched everyone joining into the game. "Sure. Just... tell me whenever you want to video call."

Hanji chuckles. "Maybe next game? I want to see what your squad looks like too."

"Heh... maybe next game." I smiled softly. "Anyways... we should get onto the game call. Let's pretend we didn't talk earlier to avoid suspicion."

"Deal."

A little after we started playing a game, Erwin sent me a message: "Were you talking to Hannah when I called earlier?"