Chapter 11 - Hair

Comincia dall'inizio

"You look nice with short hair, don't you think?" Maureen asked.

"I guess so, it's really different though," I said. "It's just odd to me. I haven't seen myself with short hair in a long long time."

"Well it looks nice on you. You've always had really nice hair."

"And now it's burnt off," I said, running my fingers through my hair. As I looked at it, I moved my head around a bit to see how to looked from different angles. It was nice, but enjoying it was hard when you were too busy trying to get used to it. I'd have to get Paul back for this.

Speak of the devil, he came in with a cup of water in his hand. He gulped the water down hard when he took a look at me, and I wasn't sure whether it was good or bad. Maureen looked over at him, and he gave a nod. "Who's the short haired beauty?" Paul asked.

"The girl whose hair you burnt off," I said, getting up from my seat.

He pouted, looking guilty and embarrassed. "I said I was sorry."

"It's alright Paul, I had to change my hair up at some stage, right?"

Paul sighed as he touched my hair, looking at me through the mirror. "Well, you still look beautiful to me."

I smiled as I got up from my chair. Maureen was packing up her stuff and we had Ringo in the living room doing whatever. We said our goodbyes and thanks to the, as they left, leaving Paul and I alone again. Of course for Paul, this meant more time to keep flirting with me now that he could.

While I was busy reading a book, Paul came and sat next to me, leaning his head on my shoulder. I looked at him, seeing his fluffy little crown of brown hair. "Put the book down, love," Paul whined, "I'm more entertaining, don't you think?"

"Getting jealous of my book collection now, huh?" I asked.

"Yes, very jealous. It's starting to get more attention than me, and you know I love attention," Paul said, taking the book from my hands and reading through it quickly. He scrunched his nose up in playful disgust, before putting the bookmark in and shutting it. Paul wandered over to the bookshelf, shoving it randomly before coming back to the couch. "You see? Already so much better."

I snuggled into him as he wrapped his arm around me. We cuddled on the couch, not doing anything but being together. It was nice too, we didn't need to talk or do something just to enjoy each other. As long as were around each other, I actually found it alright.

A very frightening though came to my mind, making me wonder what Paul thought. What if he thought I was lame, I was a square because I didn't do much? From that, my mind went on to the thought of him leaving because of it, and then spreading it to the world that I was boring. We haven't even got to an official part of a romantic relationship, yet I was already stressing.

"Darling, you've tensed up. What's wrong?" Paul asked.

Uh oh

"Nothing," I said, shrugging.

"It's not nothing, Jackie. Doesn't help that you're a woman either. You do know I know women saying 'I'm fine' or 'its nothing' isn't true, right?" Paul asked. I mean, at least he understood how we were. One point for Paul.

"Well, I'm happy with the way things are going and everything is fine."

"No you're not," Paul sing-songed with a smirk on his face.