Chapter Forty Eight

Start from the beginning

Checking in at the polished, tiled lobby felt surreal.
Finding out that our room was on the fifteenth floor was pretty exciting!
I'd never been so high up in a building in my life.
Passing the indoor's water fountain while we climbed the stairs to the elevator's was pretty cool.
"Wow!"
I exclaimed, eyes widening when I stepped into our room.
Well, I'd probably call it more of a suite than a room, considering I could already see a sitting area and the open doorway to the bedroom.
Blayze closed the door behind us with a resounding click and I hurried to check out the view from the far window.
I'd never believed I could call a City view of towering building's pretty, but as I looked out the fifteenth floor window, the view that was coated in the orangey glows of the sunset, was quite remarkable.
There was even some kind of body of water in the not too far distance, the reflection of the sunset flowing off it.
"Blayze! Come check this out!"
I urged.
"I think I've seen enough of the City for one day."
A slightly muffled version of his voice replied.
"C'mon!"
I insisted.
Finally I heard his footsteps approaching.
"I never thought I could call a City view beautiful."
I whispered, feeling him come up behind me.
"You've finally lost it, haven't you."
He muttered.
I turned away from the window to face him.
"You don't like it?"
I asked, tipping my head back to look at his handsome face.
His handsome face which currently contained slightly narrowed eyes and a just noticeable frown on his brow.
"I could never live with a view like this."
He informed me.
I felt my eyes widen.
"Are you crazy?!"
I exclaimed.
He looked down at me, raising a questioning brow.
"I never said I wanted to or could live somewhere like here! I just stated that there's something beautiful about the picture outside this window!"
I jerked my thumb over my shoulder.
He gazed over my head, out the large, basically wall sized window and shrugged.
"If you enjoy the view of sky scraper building's, man made garden's and a no doubt man made lake."
We'd been in the City for maybe an hour and a half, in the Hotel for about ten minutes and I was just about ready to choke him!
You can take the man out of the Country, but ya won't get the Country out of the man.
I remembered Grandma telling me when I was a young Girl.
"Well, Mister Grumpy Pant's."
I rolled my eyes.
"I'm gonna check out the bathroom, because I'm pretty sure the photos said there should be a pretty nice bath waiting in there."
The first almost smile I'd seen on Blayze's face in the last two hours, twitched.
"I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a Spa Bath."
He explained.
Spa?
Bath?
I'd never been in such a thing!
I slipped around him and hurried toward's the bedroom component of the suite, figuring it probably contained some kind of an en-suite considering the rest of the area held nothing but a small kitchen and a sitting area.
"You might wanna call Home before you get lost in bubbles up to your eyeballs!"
Blayze caked after me.
Shit.
In the bedroom doorway, I skidded to a stop.
The bed looked impressive, possibly a King size.
I should call Mum.
It would be responsible for me to check on our Babies.
And let them know we'd arrived safe and sound.
I'll just check the bathroom out, but I won't jump in the tub yet.
Nodding to myself, I shuffled across the floor and leaned in the en-suite doorway.
The tub was big!
Just from standing at the doorway I could tell it would easily fit both Blayze and I.
I smiled to myself.
My challenge for the night was to get Blayze into the tub.

We had one night to be City Tourist's.
One night to pretend we weren't Parent's.
I checked my reflection in the above sink mirror one last time and turned to head to the bedroom to find a pair of shoes.
Though, I'd had a niggling feeling prodding at the back of my mind, warning me that there was something I'd forgotten.
I tried to shrug it off, blaming it on the fact I was about to head out into the City Street's with a Grumpy Cowboy.
Stepping out of the en-suite bathroom, I found that Blayze wasn't in the bedroom.
"Did you find any possibilities?!"
I called out.
"A few."
A muffled version of his voice replied.
Because that's helpful.
I rolled my eyes.
Flipping the top flap of my travel bag open, I started to dig through the clothes, searching for some shoes I could wear with my dress.
When my hands had travelled through nearly all of the bag and I'd still come across nothing that resembled shoes, my heart began to beat faster.
Don't tell me I didn't pack shoes?!
I rifled through my bag's content's again.
Definitely no shoes.
Shit!
"Damn it!"
I cursed, lifting my hands to rake my fingers through my hair at my scalp.
"What's wrong?"
Blayze asked, moving into the bedroom doorway.
I didn't want to tell him.
But I was kind of going to have to.
With a sigh, I turned around and sat on the edge of the bed, letting my hands settle in my lap.
"It look's like I forgot to pack shoes."
"Didn't you kick off some boot's after our pit stop at Burra?"
I looked over my shoulder to find Blayze leaning with one shoulder pressed against the bedroom doorway.
"Yes I've got a pair of boot's. I wore them in here. I apparently forgot to pack shoes."
I explained.
He raised a questioning eyebrow.
"Suddenly boot's aren't classed as shoes?"
I sighed and shook my head.
A Country Boy just would never understand.
"I'll wear my boot's."
I explained.
"I'm not going to waste our one night here by just sitting in the hotel room. I just thought I'd have been smart enough to pack some other shoes."
"Welllllll the place I think we should go, boot's will probably be the best look anyway."
"Huh?"
I turned to face him, confused.
There was now an amused sparkle in his blue-green eyes.
"It's called The Woolshed."
Blayze explained.
Huh.
What a funny name for a place in the City!
"Well are you almost ready to go? Should we make a call and see that we can get in?"
I asked, hoping off the bed and making my way over to where I'd kicked off my boot's earlier.
Mentally I shook my head.
My Mother would be appalled.
I was wearing the dress she'd basically thrown at me yesterday, which was black and had a halter neck top, with a slightly plunging neckline, form fitting for the bodice and had a flowing skirt that reached the floor, with a drastic slit up the left leg, almost right up to the hip.
And I was about to pair it with a pair of my most well worn brown Cowboy boot's!
I couldn't help but inwardly giggle.
What Mum didn't know wouldn't hurt her.
"Quit undressing me with your eyes!"
I teased my slightly slack jawed Cowboy as I made my way back to the bed, my boot's in hand.
"Okay-"
He pushed off from the door frame, a smile lighting up his handsome face.
I held up my free hand in the universal 'halt' gesture.
"You can figure out how to get this dress off when we get back here later."
I informed him, dropping my boot's to the floor beside the bed.
His blue-green eyes seemed to darken.
"For now, we're going to make the most of being City Snooper's."
I declared, snatching a pair of socks out of my travel bag.
Blayze groaned and tipped his head back.
"You're killin' me!"
That was kind of the point.
We had one night where we had the freedom to basically do what we wanted.
"Later."
I promised, turning around to sit on the edge of the large bed so that I could pull my socks on.