SwitchBlade

Name:
SwitchBlade

Past Names:
Sparkexactor

Gender:
Mech

Species:
Cybertronian

Rank(s):
Gladiator, Chief of Surveillance and Communications, Leader of Cybertron, Carrier

Alt Mode:
Nissan GTR

Affiliation(s):
Decepticon, Rogue, Autobot

Appearance:
Very old drawing, but close enough.

Appearance:Very old drawing, but close enough

Height:
18 ft

Age:
 58 vorns

Weapons:
SwitchBlade is limited to his cannons. However, as stated in "Love and War" SwitchBlade had a sword that was the only one of its kind. Its fate is unknown.

Status:
Online

Backstory:

SwitchBlade and Megatron knew each other since the very beginning. SwitchBlade had not only been a gladiator he was equal to Megatron. He may have been a fierce and deadly gladiator, but SwitchBlade was kind-hearted despite what he put himself through for a living.

SwitchBlade had the pleasure to meet Orion Pax well before the archivist was made a Prime. He took an interest in Orion's work after Megatron purposed to the council and was rejected while they praised Orion. SwitchBlade made a bigger and bolder move against Megatron by forming an alliance with Orion.

However, the day came where he had to choose sides, Optimus Prime or Megatron. SwitchBlade always knew he was a good bot in his spark, but his friendship with Megatron went deeper than Optimus's and ultimately, he chooses his side with Megatron.

Over the vorns, SwitchBlade remained Megatron's right-hand man. SwitchBlade didn't want to admit, he was growing rather attached to Megatron and it scared him. The things the Megatron managed to manipulate him with, SwitchBlade was always unsure if the warlord knew and used that to his advantage or if Megatron was just power hungry.

The moment the Decepticons came to Earth, it became clear that Soundwave was alive. SwitchBlade was glad to have an old friend back with him again, but SwitchBlade grew immensely jealous when Megatron demoted SwitchBlade in favor of Soundwave. SwitchBlade did his best to not let it affect his work, but it seemed that Soundwave wanted to rub it in whenever he could.

Finally, SwitchBlade had enough. His emotions got the best of him and desperate, he formed a plan with Starscream. Though as soon as they set their plan into motion, everything went wrong. SwitchBlade was left wounded and Starscream had abandoned him. SwitchBlade found himself face to face with Megatron in no time at all. SwitchBlade took punishment without putting up a fight. He knew what he did was wrong. Megatron was more than willing to lend his friend a hand.

However, SwitchBlade was left scrap and was on the verge of death when his savior came along. At first, there were trust issues, but the two managed to make due and the medic revealed his name as Ratchet. SwitchBlade introduces himself and the two immediately clicked. SwitchBlade soon comes to learn the Ratchet has kept him a secret from a group of Autobots. SwitchBlade doesn't blame him, however, he seeks comfort with the medic and is glad that he isn't with the Decepticons. He would also spill his darkest secrets with Ratchet and much to his surprise, Ratchet didn't seem to judge.

Over time, SwitchBlade began to start adventures by himself, learning the rules of humans and with the help of Ratchet, SwitchBlade was given an earth-based vehicle.

However, soon after Team Prime was attacked and outnumbered. SwitchBlade happened to be in the area and was quick to jump in without hesitation. When Ratchet came to SwitchBlade's rescues again, the Autobots were completely dumbfounded by their medics actions. Though Ratchet spoke highly of former Decepticon and it was agreed that SwitchBlade could stay with them.

SwitchBlade immediately felt out of place. Some members of Team Prime were suspicious of him. The former Decepticon tried to make it apparent that he was not a bad bot. He even meets Optimus all over again. However, SwitchBlade was saddened that the Prime didn't remember him.

As shown in "Mistakes", SwitchBlade makes a mistake of saving the Prime and trying to go back to get the yellow scout. This leads him down a series of events that circle around those mistakes. [Not going to spoil anything, go read Mistakes].

It's revealed in "Love and War" that it was Megatron who gave him the name of SwitchBlade.

It was also revealed that Megatron used SwitchBlade's feelings towards him to use SwitchBlade for information. Megatron ordered them to bond and SwitchBlade was afraid of the repercussions. But he wanted it. He let Megatron bond with him even though Megatron was abusive towards him.

[To be continued]

Family:
Sparkmate- Ratchet
Sparklings- Celestine (adoptive daughter), Blockaide

Crack Ships:
Smokescreen x SwitchBlade x Vista
Inferior x SwitchBlade
Ultra Magnus x SwitchBlade
FlashBack x SwitchBlade
TreadFlex x SwitchBlade