Chapter 1

Ranea's P.O.V.

"So what do you want for your birthday, Max. Your never told me." I say holding my brother's hand as we walk from stand to stand. Max's second birthday is coming up.

"I don't know. I already have my amazing birthday present." He says. We get to a stand that has some people dressed in nice clothing. A handsome man has piercing red eyes and deep red hair is standing there with his arms crossed. I look at pretty hair ordaments when out of the corner of my eye, I see the people dressed in fancy clothing look at me.

"She is so gorgeous." I hear the girl with pink hair say quietly making the others nod.

"Oh? And what is this amazing birthday present that you already have?" I say looking at him as I pick up a beautiful hairpin and look at it.

I feel a poke at my stomach and look down. I see Max staring at me with knowing eyes making me put the hairpin down and put my hands on my hips.

"How did you know about this?" I ask mad.

"You have the signs. Throwing up in the mornings, extreme mood changes, your always having headaches, and your are fatigue." He says. I go to say something to him but he cuts me off and says, " isn't it true that you have to get married to the man that gets you pregnant?"

"Yes." I say irritated

"Then how come you aren't?"

"If I got married to that man, you would never see me or your cousin again." I sigh and add, "I heard him say that he would kill me and his child if he got me pregnant."

"I'll protect you even though im almost 8." He says making me smile and rest my hand on his cheek.

"I'm sorry to barge in, but, you don't sound happy about your pregnancy." A woman with bluish black hair asks me.

I sigh and look at them before saying, "I never wanted this. Just a week before I turned 32, my family's friends son raped me and got me pregnant. I know who he is and how he is. He is mean and very abusive and while kill anyone to get his point across. This man scares me to no end. I had heard him say that if he got me pregnant he was going to kill me and make sure his child is dead. I can't leave Max and my other siblings with my parents because they don't know who to raise a kid."

"They didn't raise you?" I boy with pink hair asks.

I shake my head and say, "no. My grandparents raised me with the help of some maids."

"My grandmother and grandfather, but they're not going to take care of their son and daughter-in-law's children." I say continue and start to rub my temples, feeling a oncoming headache.

"May I ask where you are headed?" I ask looking at the little group.

"We are headed to the palace. We came here to talk about an alliance with the King and Queen." The handsome man says.

"May I know your names?" I ask again.

"My name is Kouen Ren. These are my brothers and sisters, Koumei, Kouha, Kougyoku, and Hakuei."

"I had a feeling you were royalty. Nobody just walks around dressed in nice clothing." I say smiling.

"May I ask your name?" Kouen ask kindly.

"Ranea Dawn. It was very nice to meet you all, have a nice day." I say.

"Hope to see you soon." Hakuei says brightly. I laugh and wave before grabbing Max's hand and walking back to the palace.