Chapter 3: Rendez Vous

Start from the beginning

"Shu-nii..."

Antares is doing her best not to cry while there are so many people still around her, however the trembling in her voice and hands leave Shu with not much choice but to accept the fact he needs to pretend everything is fine back at the castle.

When Shu finally accepts the task seriously Antares finally explains what happened prior. The day when everything went horribly wrong. How the hypocrisy of the Pious and Religious people have gotten them into this mess.

How a fun day of shopping and making fun between a mother, two of her good friends and her daughter. Karl frowns deepens when he hears even Eve is involved with the matter, which is the reason the founders haven't left her further than their arms reach during the entire gathering.

The hunters seem to have been plotting to make an end of the entire vampire race by finding both Karl's and Carla's weaknesses. Luckily for the women during the day, one of them has been through a lot of racist abuse and violence the hunters couldn't get a clear answer out of her regardless of how much they beat her up or lashed her back.

It was only until they noticed how much Liana was protecting, Antares, Yui and Idrina that they found a hint. Within Antares' eyes a certain hidden dormant power lay asleep.

Antares continued on how the hunters initially wanted to start with her to rid the world of damnation. Only then to focus their attention back to Liana who they were certain would do 'anything' for her child.

How correct they were. In exchange for Antares' life Liana had to spill the beans on how to destroy the vampire race the easiest way. In order for Liana not to betray the plans to the King himself, the hunters have planted a camera and microphone to spy on her Queen.

The more Antares explained what happened. The darker the skies in the Netherrealm became.

 The darker the skies in the Netherrealm became

Antares quickly grabs her father's cape. Her marine blue bangs hide her eyes, now spilling all the tears that she has been doing her best to keep inside.

"Daddy, Mum told me one thing before the hunters let Aunty Yui, Aunty Idrina and me go. She told me that should push come to shove and you had to choose between either her or Anty Christa. That you would choose for Aunty Christa no matter what happens."

"I see..." Karl pauses for a moment. "I understand what the Hunters are planning now."

"They do not wish to spill the blood a human, even if she has given her everything to the King of the Damned. It is like choosing between two lesser evils." The hunters seem to be aware of how much Christa means to Karl and how much Liana means to him now.

"Daddy please promise me, please choose Aunty Christa." Antares holds on tighter to Karl's mantle. 

"Mommy knows you never stopped loving the White Rose, it is a fact she accepted and continues to bear even now. She might not show she is hurt. But if anything, this whole fiasco... she sees it... she sees it as..." Antares bites her lips, this entire scenario is for Liana just a way to leave this world at peace. Something she tried to do many years ago.