~~part 23~~

Ivy woke up and rubbed her eye, turning over and stretching. She heard snoring from under her and looked over the mattress, seeing Gustav asleep on the floor under two blankets with his butt in the air. She chuckled quietly and poked his back. "Gus... wake up."

His snoring cut short and his head flew up, almost hitting Ivy in the nose. "What?" His hair was a mess, he looked high, and he was having trouble standing on his knees.

"You wanna sleep up here? I can go sleep on the couch." He stood and stretched, popping his back.

"OW. No, you're good, I'll go sleep on the couch." Ivy grabbed him.

"No. You sleep here. In your bed." The pink-and-black-haired boy just groaned as he popped his neck and jaw. He crawled in bed behind her. Ivy felt his long, thin legs reach from one corner of the bed to the other under her. She chuckled, turned over, and hugged her friend's torso. "I love you, Guppy."

He snored in response and his arm twitched. Ivy sighed for no reason and closed her eyes.

↟↟↟

Ivy got up and saw it was 5 in the morning. She propped herself against the headboard and looked through social media. She saw Gustav still asleep with his hood on. "What a nerd," she whispered.

drewtaggart

drewtaggart sittin here alone with nothin but a big ol' house to keep me company

drewtaggart sittin here alone with nothin but a big ol' house to keep me company. is this what parents w/ college kids feel like?

liked by rmgscully, thechainsmokers, and 131,971 others

imokaynowfrens lol dad. Stop being a drama queen

view all 898 comments

Ivy chuckled at her father and got up, turning on the light of Gustav's room. The pink-and-black-haired boy was still able to sleep. She rolled her eyes. "Gus." She poked his side, making him turn over.

"Huh?"

She snapped a picture.

imokaynowfrens

438 likes

view all 69 comments

"Thanks." Gus just looked at her with a confused look.

"Can you turn off the light? I'm tired still..." She did as asked and got back in the bed. "Go to sleep..."

"I can't. I always get up at 5."

"Well, you're crazy." He turned over and sat up, taking off his hoodie, then laying back down. Ivy just shook her head with a small smile under her nose.

↟↟↟

It turned 6 and Gustav's alarm went off. He reached up and turned it off. 

"Good morning once again, sleepy head." He just groaned and sat up. Ivy was standing at the boy's dresser mirror doing her makeup. Gus got up and he stood over her, sliding his hands up her arms and breathing down her neck. "What're you doing?"

"Oh... uh, nothing." He backed off and sat on his bed. "Sorry."

"You're good." She finished her makeup and turned around. "How does this look?"

"Good. Like always," the boy smiled. Ivy smiled back and grabbed the pair of sweatpants from the floor. "Are those mine?"

"Yeah, is that okay? I was gonna trade this shirt out for one of your hoodies." Gus said nothing but got up from his bed and grabbed his pink Hellboy hoodie from the closet. "Not really my style but it'll work."

"I can give you a different one if you want, I just picked it out..."

"Can I have the one you had on last night before you changed into your Emotional one?" He nodded and ran into the living room, grabbing his hoodie and his bag. Gustav walked back to his room and handed Ivy the hoodie. He took back the Hellboy one and hung it back up. The teenager grabbed a Love Will Tear Us Apart shirt and the pair of jeans he had on the night before. He also picked up his pink Converse from the bottom of his closet.

"You ready?" He asked the girl after he left the room to change. Ivy just nodded. They walked to the living room. Gus walked to his mother's room and knocked. "Mama... we're ready for school."

"Okay, I'll be out there in a second. Go ahead and grab something for breakfast." The pink-and-black-haired boy walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"You want something to eat?"

"Sure. Whatcha got?"

"Monster, cupcakes, burgers, hot dogs, salad, fruit-"

"I'll take some fruit," Ivy said from the bar.

"Okay, well Imma eat a cupcake or two with a Monster. You some water or something, healthy person?" She laughed but nodded. He tossed a water bottle and she caught it against her chest. Gus took out the container of cupcakes and a white Monster from the shelves on the door of the fridge.

"You know, those are terrible for your kidneys." Ivy notified as he sat next to her at the bar.

"Oh well, if it'll make me die sooner, I'll take my chances."

_________________________________________

Author's Note--

400 reads, thanks. I really appreciate it. That kinda sounds sarcastic but it isn't I promise I'm happy rn.I'm just kinda tired cause I've been going to bed past midnight then waking up at like 8 that morning in some cardboard feelin' bed with feather pillows that indent your head. But I did get a giant yellow Peep like Gustav had so I can't really complain. Anywho, I really appreciate people who are actually reading this shitty book. Thanks loves <3.

                                    --d a y d r e a m e r