Chapter 18 A June Wedding

Werewolves were a very gifted supernatural species. They possessed super strength, speed, senses, shapeshifting abilities, and exceptional planning skills. This was particularly the case when it came to wedding planning.

For some reason, Hollywood rarely mentioned that last part.

"Awe. They're adorable. I wonder how they trained that husky to carry the ring?" Ivy heard someone say.

Indeed. Jack was in his wolf form and wearing a black and white tux. He also had a jewelry box strung around his collar with pride.

He made for an adorable ring bearer and thankfully, Kenji's family couldn't tell the difference between a white wolf pup and an overgrown husky.

"No idea, but it's so precious." Another person grinned, pointing towards Jack's sister. "The flower girl is cute too!"

Jack's little sister's cherubic face scrunched up in serious concentration while she threw flowers everywhere. Ivy doubted there would be a single person who didn't get smacked by the time the ceremony was over.

Of course, the pups weren't the only ones who were getting complimented.

"She looks beautiful, Son." A middle aged Japanese man with eyes identical to Kenji beamed.

There were times when Ivy considered her exceptional hearing a blessing. Being able to hear every word her future father-in-law, Daichi Woods, was one of them.

The words and warm caress of June's breezes made Ivy smile as her sheer, lacy veiled billowed around her face. Her silken, dress of ivory mimicking the fragile fabric with every step forward she took.

"She is. You should see her tattoo." Kenji winked at her.

Ivy refused to suppress her eye roll. While a werewolf's keen eyesight would pierce through the veil with ease, a human's would never be able to at this distance.

Saachi Woods, Kenji's mother, didn't have the luxury of a veil to mask her own eye roll. Then again, it was possible the beautiful matriarch simply didn't care. "A tattoo? She always struck me as such a sensible girl."

There were times that Ivy couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated by the petite woman's beauty. It was easy to see where Kenji had gotten his perfect hair from, but Saachi had always been the model of politeness to her future daughter-in-law. It was a shame that she and her husband would never know the truth. That their sons were werewolves.

Half muffled chuckles and mischievous snickers filled the forest. Most of their guest list wasn't human and could hear every word of the exchanges going on.

"She is, but it's life's moments of insensibility that make it worth living." Daichi kissed his wife's cheek. "Or did you forget about our own Honeymoon. I seem to remember you enjoying the hotsprings of our homeland rather thoroughly. I believe they call it skinny di-"

Saachi scowled at her husband, covering his mouth with a swiftness that could match any werewolf. "Alright. Alright. I suppose everyone is entitled to at least a few moments of irrationality."

Ivy laughed, holding the bouquet of red and white roses tighter against her chest. Though she was only at the end of her first trimester, she imagined the twins were shared in her mirth over their grandmother's outrage.

Dozens of velvet cushioned chairs and several long refreshment tables had been laid out in the meadow that surrounded the forest. Saachi had joked that there was enough food to feed an army, but it was appropriate. There was a reason why the term 'wolf down your food' was a well-known description. Werewolves seldom wasted food.