Chapter 3: Kate Argent

Start from the beginning

Outside, Scott glanced at his pack members relieved to see they were unharmed and looked down at the leader of the Calaveras. "So... you're just letting us go?"

"I sent four men out to where Kate was rumored to have been seen. None of them came back. Let's see if you can do better."

Scott hid his disdain as much as he could but it was evident that he was annoyed with her tactics. "You could've just told me she was alive." He didn't appreciate being electrocuted.

Araya smirked. "You wouldn't have believed me. Now I know what kind of Alpha you are. And where your next step lies."

He frowned. "What next step?"

"When you take the bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own, when you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door." She warned him before gesturing him to leave.

Scott swallowed nervously and quickly walked over to his friends, his arm going around his girlfriend's shoulders. She leaned into his warmth. She had finished telling Allison that apparently Kate had been brought to México by the calaveras to go through with their code. She knew it didn't bring up the best of memories considering her mother had killed herself before she could completely shift into a werewolf.

"So what now?" Stiles questioned him, they still didn't know where Derek was.

"She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." He told them.

Malia pursed her lips, her arms crossed over her chest. "She gonna tell us where?"

Scott furrowed his brows, "Uh, actually, she's giving us a guide." He told them, before glancing over to the side when he heard a motorcycle approaching.

The figure pulled off their helmet, revealing a familiar face. Isaac straightened up, staring at the woman in shock. "You!" He exclaimed.

Stiles glanced at the beta. "You know her?"

"Braeden." Isaac said, surprised that the woman was still alive. He hadn't seen her since the night she saved him from the twins.

Malia frowned at him, "Who's Braeden?"

"She's a mercenary." Imogen said, staring at the woman a bit warily. Although the woman had helped them on a couple of occasions, she wasn't sure what to make of the mercenary.

Breaden spoke up, "Right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia."

"The Church?" Lydia translated.

"What's The Church?" Stiles asked cautiously.

"It's not a place you'll find God." Braeden said ominously, "Now, you guys follow me. I want to get there before it gets too dark." She slipped her helmet on and drove up ahead of them.

They all scrambled to get in the jeep, Imogen took a seat on her boyfriends lap since the girls and Isaac were all squished in the back. Kira carried an unwilling Malia while Lydia held Allison since she was wearing a skirt.

The tension was evident inside the jeep as Stiles drove behind Braeden. Malia unable to sense the tension sat up. "Okay, I'll ask. Who's Kate Argent?" She questioned, glancing at the brunette next to her. "Is she related to you?"

Kira shyly raised her hand, "Uh, I'd like to know, too." Since they were new to the group, they really didn't know everything that they'd gone through.

Stiles exhaled, "I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground."

"She was never in it." Scott pointed out.