Chapter Three

Here is where I have lived since I was born. An old, yellow painted house with a small front yard. The inside is fairly small, considering only three people had lived there. Now, it's just two people. My mom and I. 

        You see, they are divorced. It wasn't because some tragic he cheated on her story, they just simply didn't work out. They had more arguments than usual, they were hurting each other and they decided that it was best to split. I agreed, to be honest, seeing them argue and seeing them so unhappy affected me. But, I'm not the victim in this situation. No one is.

        They talk from time to time, like old friends. My mother admits that she still loves him, but she just couldn't match his expectaions and he couldn't match hers. So, that was that.

        I set my backpack on the kitchen counter and walk over to the fridge. I grab leftover pizza and warm up three slices. My mom walks in as I take the plate out and she chuckles.

        "You need to start eating more healthy, you're going to gain weight."

        "But.." I stare at my pizza, "food."

        She does a fake laugh, "Ha, ha. Look, I'm serious, you're not going to have that body for forever. Look at me," she motions to herself.

        My mother isn't fat, and she isn't chubby. She's in between. Honestly, it doesn't bother me. She really is beautiful, she has light and thin hair that doesn't go past her shoulders, she has a freckle blotched face and she has the deepest brown eyes that I've ever seen.

        She is beautiful, inside and out.

        I pick up a slice and bite into it, "You're not fat."

        She points a finger at me, "But I'm not skinny either."

        "So what?" I roll my eyes.

        "Chew with your mouth closed." 

        "Okay," I give her a big, cheese covered grin.

        She groans, "You teenagers seriously need to learn some manners."

        "I'll put it on my bucket list," I say as I finish off the last slice, leaving the crust.

        "You're not going to eat that?"

        I make a face of disgust, "God no."

        "Give it here," I slide my plate over, "what kid hates pizza crust?"

        "This kid," I say as I exit the kitchen. I dash to my room and close the door behind me. The room is colored a light grey, a simple color for a teenagers room. My bedspread is a deep purple with an off-white trim. The carpet is an off-white as well, bringing out the entire room. 

        I love it here, it keeps me relaxed, it makes me feel cozy.

        I feel that colors bring every emotion together, not just color though, anything inspiring or moody. Music, lyrics, dances, poetry, books, anything and everything that entertains us gives us moods. It pulls us together, it purifies us and our emotions and keeps us running. 

        Well, most of us.

        I feel my phone vibrating in my front pocket. I slide out the fossil and answer it, "Hello?"

        "Hey, Bailey, what do you say to a movie tonight?" It's Lauren.

        "I don't know," I say as I sit in front of my laptop.