A Drop of Time

*AN: Let me hear your thoughts down in the comments below. Hope y'all enjoy~*

Drip, drop.

I had another teary dream again.

Time, memories, feelings, people, and our hearts.

I have become an old woman, slowly decaying in this world. But luck may have it, I have managed to wake up again. I started to get out of bed, trying to move and stand up. I realized that it was my birthday today, the 19th of January.

Looking at the mirror, I barely recognize my face from before. Who would’ve thought I’d grow this much?

I opened the curtains of my room, fixed my bed, and quickly got tired just doing so. I reached for my cane, and helped me walk a lot better.

I could already feel my bones shaking, my eyes weakening, and my memories fading. But even though my memories were getting vague, I could not remember the horrible things that I did to people, especially the ones that I loved.

“Let’s see...”

I have not taken breakfast, neither dinner last night. I felt very hungry, since I was too old to cook my own food. No one lives with me in this apartment, so there wasn’t any person who could cook for me.

I grabbed my wallet and checked inside it. There was some money left, enough to buy me a meal for breakfast. I thought that since it was my birthday today, I planned on taking a very long walk outside, which I haven’t done in years.

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

“Ah, this brings back many memories.”
While dipping a small portion of bread into a hot soup, I ended up taking breakfast in a cafeteria that I love up until now. It was just an ordinary cafeteria, but I had a reason why it was special to me.

A female waiter approached me.
“Would you like some more coffee?” The female waiter poured in coffee in my cup.
“I suppose I’ll have some.” I answered.
I stared at her as she continues to pour coffee at my cup.

“Ma’am, did you sleep well last night?” She curiously asked.

“Yes... like a log.” I sipped the whole bowl of my soup.

I had finished my breakfast, and was about to head in my way now. But suddenly, a strange man approached the female waiter and hugged her.

“How’s my lovely girlfriend doing today?”
As shocked as I was, I did not know that she had a boyfriend already. I started hearing nothing, but it’s just probably me growing old.

Who would’ve thought you’ll have a boyfriend?

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Even though I was walking with a cane, I felt tired and worn out. The streets made me feel confused, along with the people walking around made me dizzy. My left toe suddenly stubbed on an uneven brick on the ground and lost balance.

Luckily, a man had caught me before I got myself into a serious fall.

“Old woman, are you okay?!” The man huffed.

“Oh dear. My apologies.” I mumbled.

He helped me stood up and brushed off the dust on his coat.

“Not at all. But some streets in town are uneven, so please be careful old lady.”

I could tell that he was fond of travelling, from the looks of his outfit and the way he smelled. He must love going from place to place, exploring places he has never seen before.