Chapter Sixty Four| I thought it was a shark

Start from the beginning

I carefully closed the door behind me before warily walking down the corridor, shoving my hands in the pocket of my hoodie, my converse tapping against the tiled flooring until I reached the big blue door with the word "office" on it in bold black writing.

I walked through the door, sitting down at one of the seats, nervously tapping my foot against the floor, fumbling with the hem of my hoodie when the principle, I've luckily only had to speak to twice, walking in, in a suit and tie, his aged hair slicked back.

He kind of looked similar to my auntie's fiancé, Christian. Just older.

"Grace North," Mr West said, nodding as if telling me to follow him.

I pulled myself out of the chair, following him into his small yet spacious office.

He walked around his shiny black desk before seating himself down, a yellow folder placed neatly in front of him.

I awkwardly sat down in the one of two seats in front of his desk, waiting to find out the actual reason I'm here.

"So, Ms North." He began, "I've had a call from someone from University of North Carolina this morning, they were calling in response to your perfect GPA and SAT score, they want to offer you a scholarship."

My eyes widened as my hands began to sweat. I didn't know if I was happy or disappointed.

I've always planned on going to Riverview Community College because it's close, it's in my home town and I can still be close to Caleb.

I know I get high grades, I usually ace my tests and my attendance is almost perfect, but I never thought I'd get offered a scholarship. Especially from UNC.

That's where my parents both went, it's where they met.

I'd be stupid to deny the offer though I'm not sure.

I need time to weigh out the pros and cons.

"Oh," I said bluntly, "Um, I-"

He shook his head, dismissing me, "I know, it's a lot to process. I don't expect you to know straight away. The scholarship committee is coming in next week to formally speak to you, so have your decision by then. If you decide you want to do it, then they'll have some enrolment forms to sign then you'll be set."

I nodded, it all seemed too good to be true.

"B-But, I never applied for a scholarship." I stated, "I'm appreciative, I really am. This is an amazing opportunity, I just didn't expect it, that's all."

He leant back in his tall, leather office chair, it speaking as he did so.

He scoffed, "I know, I contacted them first actually,"

My eyes widened, "What, why?" I said warily, not trying to sound rude.

"Your grades have been unbelievably perfect since freshman year, I informed them of your grades, and they contacted me back almost immediately this morning." He explained.

"But why UNC?" I asked.

He shrugged, "I spoke to your brother, Caleb. He informed me your parents went there for medical schooling, I assumed you might be interested in the same thing considering your subjects mostly relate to the medical area, chemistry, physiology, etcetera."

So, Caleb knew about this, and he didn't tell me?

I nodded, sighing loudly, "Yeah, I guess I am." I said truthfully, "I'll definitely think about it."

***

My stomach growled loudly as I wait in the extensive line for my food, eventually getting my usual fries, salad and coke before power walking over to my friends and I's table, noticing for once I was actually the first one there.