The Color of Blood

Start from the beginning

"You aint McCoy..." She whispered hugging Billy to her as he looked in in shock "you...Floyd! Y-you" Billy stammered "I am to clear my own name, in one way or t'other.  I gotta family - Anse's boys is ruinin the reputition of this here name." Floyd spat.

"Reputation" Jon corrected with a sigh. "You think you smarter than me nigger?" Floyd asked, Jon looked to him with a dry expression.  "Not at all, my corpulent friend." Jon said words dripping with a bitter venom.

"You ain't a Hatfield - they don't turn on their own!" Billy shouted. "Lets get this thang started, im awful tired of hearing this bunch yelpin. We'll wear a good bit of the out. An draw the real catch out." Called the leader.

Chyna's heart raced as the four of them inched closer together. It wasn't any use to fire a gun, too many to shoot them all.

Cap rushed into his parents mountian home, it was full of screaming and Cap instantly paled as he took to his fathers sidr were he huddled in antsy waiting with the rest of the men

Cap rushed into his parents mountian home, it was full of screaming and Cap instantly paled as he took to his fathers sidr were he huddled in antsy waiting with the rest of the men. "Hows ma doin?" Cap asked removing his hat. "Well enough all considerin. Rowan and Mrs.Dempsy seem to have a good handle on things with that colored ones help." Anse said.

Cap nodded and looked around "the kids?" He asked not seeing hia younger siblings anywhere. "Upstairs" Anse said. Johnsey nodded "I'll go on up and wait with em." He said, nearly running was he went to flee.

"Boys not ready for married life - running from the sounds of his own blood bein born." Anse muttered popping his pipe in his mouth. "You had five pa...way aint you in there?" Cap asked slowly. "Cause I like my supper in my stomach, is why." He muttered walking off to speak with Elias.

Cap glanced out the window, nervously shifting his weight, he'd hoped the baby would be out soon. Caught in his thoughts he didn't notice he was being watched by a pair or eyes that looked a lot like his own. They shimmered with a sharp kind of mischief.

"You alright?" Jim Vance said smacking loudly on his tobacco. Cap nearly jumped at the sound of his voice. " I just got some place I ought to be is all." Cap answered stiffly. Jim nodded "shouldn't that place be here wit your ma and new baby...somethin or other?" Jim asked.

"Don't you ever gets tired of folk tellin you to shut up uncle Jim?" Cap asked him with a pointed glare and a scowl, to ehich Jim only shrugged with a light smirk on his face.

It seemed like forever before the sounds of a small voice filled the house as it cried.

"He's a fighter and perfectly health miss." Iris said to an exhausted Levicy with a bright smile. Levicy held her tiny baby carefully. "His names Elliott." Levicy said softly.

As his mother rested Cap held his brother Elliott in his arms. "You're so small." Cap said to him, he had eyes like their mothers and looked up at Cap in wonder. Cap stood awkwardly with the baby in his arms.

"Sorry I aint no good at this yet, I bet you'll help me get better before I really need to know how." Cap said. Iris chuckled and walked over to Cap she fixed his arm posture for him "jus like that now." Iris said. Cap smiled at her gratefully.