Home 1 0

"Every night I lie in bed the brightest visions fill my head, a million dreams are keepin me awake.."

I practiced/danced to A Million Dreams from the Greatest Showman while humming to the tune.

     "I think of what the world could be, the vision of the one I see. A million dreams are keepin me away, a million dreams, for the world were gonna make."

     I paused dancing and sat on the floor of the room with my head hung back, looking at every detail on the ceiling. I heard footsteps in the hall so I raise my head and stand up. And then I realized I stood up to fast, but before I could stable myself I stumbled back mindlessely and my vision clouded over slowly. I sat down on my chair and waited for the diziness to go away. Erik entered the room, I smiled.

     "Whatsup?" I ask and stand up. (Slower this time.)
     "I made lunch."
     "Whats with you and making food lately?" I ask, more to myself and made sure my music was off before walking into the kitchen.
     There were sandwiches on the table, smaller proportioned, waiting to be eaten.
     "Thank you mon ange." I say and kiss his cheek. I take a sandwich and bite into it.
"Yknow, for not eating much," I swallow my food, "you're an amazing cook." I turn around and Erik looks at me with amazement. "What?"
     "It wasnt a dream then." He smiles and walks over to my instruments.
    "Of course love, hey, tomorrow I'm going skating with Caroline and Max okay?"
I keep eating and sit on the piano bench.
     "Alright, am I to stay home?" He sit next to me.
      "Yes, if thats alright?" I look at him.
     "Of course it is, just tell me when you'll be home." He says.
     I nod and put up sheet music, The piano duest, from The Corpse Bride. I quickly finish my sandwich and start to play the song, pouring my emotions into it.

     When it comes to the part where the second person comes in I smile encouragely at Erik and he plays it just in time.
     I smile and play forcefully the difficult part. From the corner of my eye I could see Erik's hands moving fast on the piano, while reading the sheet music.
     The song ends and I smile, "that was lovely!" I say and look at Erik. Its a short song but I love the tune and feelings it has. Also, The Corpse Bride is a great movie. I love the artistic style Tim Burton's movies are in. Erik nods and slightly smiles too. "Now what shall we play next?" I'm getting excited, I've never really had a person to play with. So nows my chance I guess. "Oh wait," I shuffle through my folder and find it, "perfect." Heart and Soul.

     I start to play this one, its much more energetic and preppy then the other one. I put my full body into it and that includes bouncing a little to the beat and bobbing my head.
     Erik and I play the duet with pride. More specifically me, I'm very proud of how far I've come with my playing. And when I get to show off, I show off.
     I look at Erik and a light smile dusted his face aswell, cute. We end the song and I grin. "Oh thats so fun!" I say in excitement.
     "This one next!" I choose out All ofMe by John Legend and place it into the holder. I stretch my fingers and smile, "okay."
     I look at Erik and play. Then when its the time to sing, I do so and smile.

"Whats goin on in that beautiful mind? Out on your magical mystery ride. -rest of the song lyrics-

I passionately sing all the lyrics, too Erik of course. I hope he understood that he was perfect to me. He deserved the world, and I'm lucky to be apart of it. I shyly look up and meet his eyes, my head casted downwards. His eyes filled with tears and he looked at me with love.
"I love you." I say.
A tear escapes, "I love you too."
I smile and kiss him. "Its okay, its okay."
I hug him and his shoulders rack woth sobs. My poor ange.
"Thank you." He whispers and I hug him tighter.
"No dont thank me," I pull away from the hug and wipe his tears on his mask. "You dont have too, I'll love you either way."
He hugs me again and I calmly rub circles into his back. I feel the scars on his back and I dont have to ask, I already know what they're from. Of course, I practically knew most of his life story. Which, thats kind of creepy, I cant help it yknow? Not my fault his life was recorded. But he doesnt know much of me. Eventually he will, I know.
I start to feel a tingling sensation in my hand and I look to see what it was. My hand looked fine so I didnt say anything. It was probably just falling asleep. It got so intense I had to pull away from the warm hug. I examined my hand and I saw Erik do the same.
"You feel it too?" I ask and my hand still looked completely normal.
"Yes, what is it?" He held his hand and looked at every finger.
"Oh. " I recognized the feeling as the feeling when I transfered times.
"What?" He put his hand down.
The feeling spread into my arms. "We're going back."
"Going where?" He asked and held my hand.
It went into my legs. "Home."
"But you are already home." He stated and looked at his legs in alarm.
"I think we're going back to 1870's." I smile widely in the thought of going back.
I quickly text my friends group chat basically explaining my situation and where I'll be. The feeling appeared in my torso and chest. I know in a little longer, I'll be back home. Erik held my hands while we waited out the last few seconds. And when the feeling came, I recognized the soul-leaving your body feeling.
"We're going home."