The Hooded Man

Outlined below is a ritual that is commonly known as “The Hooden Man”.

Although this ritual surfaced on various other sites at first, I thought bringing it to NoSleep would be a good idea, since there’s so many fans of horror here. I have taken this ritual and added my own touch to make it more difficult, fool-proof and unique. Those interested can continue reading, but beware that there are consequences to this if you don’t do it right.

Let us start with a list of things you’ll need :

·Two black cords, approximately half a meter long.

·A telephone (rotary telephone works best, but using the ones we have today is fine too.)

Warnings/Precautions :

·Make sure you do a cleansing ritual before and after you perform this.*

·From experience, I can conclude that this is a relatively safe ritual. But it comes with it’s own fine print, so take everything with a grain of salt.

·If, at any point of time, you feel threatened and/or stalked by an unknown presence, you must not continue with the ritual. If you do so, there is a good chance of aggravating and binding yourself to the entity that is attached to you.

·Shut all doors and windows, close the curtains (if there are any) and turn off all lights and electronic devices.

·Do NOT carry salt or any other miscellaneous item of protection with you while you are performing the ritual.

Procedure :

·Be seated in the room/hallway where the telephone is. Make sure you aren’t agitated, scared or nervous. All these negative emotions will prevent you from completing the ritual successfully. Count to thirteen. At the last count, dial the following number into your telephone : 20496888.

Extra Tip : DO NOT touch the handle of the phone when you’re dialing the number.

·Tie one of the black cords to the handset (tightly, so it doesn’t come off when you tug it) and lift it from the telephone. Then dial this number : 25515823. Leave the handset there, regardless of whether the phone gets connected or not.

·Count to thirteen again, and place the handset back. After this is done, say quietly, slowly and carefully into the receiver : “Hello? I need a cab.”

·Take the second black cord and replace it with the first one.

Extra Tip : If you can, burn the first cord immediately. This will make sure your connection to the other world is severed completely and nothing from there will be able to enter our dimension. If you cannot do it right away make it your first priority to burn it after the ritual is completed.

·Open the curtains. If done right, the sky will have a tinge of some color, and there will be a black cab parked outside your house.

·Exit the house (also bring a watch with you), lock all your doors and get into the backseat of this cab. The cab will be empty, so you have no reason to fear anything as of yet.

·Lock the cab door, and prepare yourself to fall asleep.

·When you wake up (which you definitely will), take a look at your watch. If the time is 3:30 AM, then you have successfully completed the main part of the ritual. If it’s still at the correct time, then get out of the car and get back inside your house within two minutes. Follow the 'Correct way of ending the ritual' process after this is done.

·If the watch shows 3:30AM, then you will fall asleep again within another half a minute. When you wake up, the cab will be on a highway, being driven by a hooded man.

Scenarios/Consequences :

·If you attempt to speak to the man, you will fall asleep and wake up back at your house.

·If you attempt to lift the hood, you will fall asleep and wake up back at your house.

·If you panic, or try to get out of the car while it is still in motion, you will die.

·If the cab stops at any point and someone else gets in, do not attempt to speak to them, or they will stab you to death.

Correct way of ending the ritual:

·Lean forward so you are close to the hooded man’s ears, and whisper (slowly, carefully) : "I have reached my destination."

·You will fall asleep and wake up back at your house.

·If, however, you wish to continue on the ride, you are welcome to do so, although many people who have performed this ritual advice against it. Claims are that as the ride continues, the sceneries and worlds get more and more absurd and difficult to get out of. Nobody knows what happens when the cab stops, so you can try to find out.

After ritual rituals :

·If you’re back at your house, go back to the telephone and dial this number : 200082. Lift the handle, place it aside and speak the following words : "Thank you for the ride."

·Remove the black cord and burn it. Bury the ashes in your backyard or wherever and sprinkle salt over it.