Shopping

I wake up to my alarm buzzing inside my head and try to get myself out of bed, so I get ready for school again.

I drag my body off the bed and to the closet. I look over again and again through my closet and drawers for fifteen minutes before deciding on a pair of skinny jeans and a shirt with shoulder cutouts and add Vans on my feet. Thank goodness it is still moderately warm outside.

I do a little natural makeup adding concealer under my eyes with mascara and a thin line of eyeliner. I quickly brush my hair out and head down the stairs. As soon as I grab my stuff and breakfast, Sophia's car is in the driveway.

I run out the door after locking it and jump into her car.

"Hey girl!"

"Hey," I say back. "We are still good for 3:00 o'clock at the mall right."

"Yeah of course" I reply back. "You need a ride?" I nodded.

"You should really get a car," she told me. "I know right, but I don't have a job yet and mom won't buy me one no matter how many times I ask. I do want to get a job next summer through"

She nods in agreement and turns the radio up. We listen to music until we roll into the school's parking lot.

"See you at lunch," she says walking into school.

When I enter the building the noise and people make me feel like I'm trapped in a stereo. I quickly grab my books from my locker and hurry to science. As much as I don't care if I am late, I don't want to get in trouble with my mom. When I arrive at my class, I am slightly early, so I take a seat near the back but still in the middle. I really don't need all the attention on me right now.

I barely have any classes with Sophia or Cody in them, but I do have a few with different friends. It sucks but whatever it's school. In science, I watch the clock slowly makes its way around till the bell rings finally. We all start packing our books up and get up, but that is put down by the teacher saying, 'I dismiss you, not the bell'. Ugh, why do teachers have to be so annoying?

I spend the reast of the time in my class daydreaming and taking a few notes. Mom would kill me if I failed a class.

After I put my books away, I grab my lunch and head over to our table passing the nerds, cheerleaders and the jocks laughing their heads off, 'naughty' teens, and many other tables before reaching our table. Thankfully no one tripped me today because I guess they were too busy or didn't feel like it. I don't care anyway I sit my food on the table and slide into my set. Sophia and Amanda are already there holding a conversation between them.

"What are two talking about?" I comment before taking a bite of my lunch.

"Oh, just what Amanda here is going to wear to her date tonight" Sophia stated happily.

"REALLY, who is he? He better treat you right not like last one." I almost scream but we are still in the cafeteria, so I decide to quiet it a little. Amanda was in a relationship for almost a year when she learned that her boyfriend was cheating on her. She was very heartbroken from the breakup and told us that she would never date again.

"Don't worry I won't let that happen," she answers and we all laugh.

"So, what stores do you want to go to, Brook, we are going to the mall right?"

"Sure, but we are going to go through your stuff first," I answer. She nods agreeing.

"You guys are going shopping?" Amanda asks.

"Brook and I have to find me something cute to wear to the party on Friday," Sophia answers.

"Oh, you guys are going. I heard it's going to be big," Amanda asked.