28 : Jin, Dahyun & Jimin

DAHYUN'S POV

Earlier...

"I really didn't mean for what is happening right now," Sowon kept on apologizing as she drives me to dad's old mansion. I stared outside the windows and watched the strangers deal with their busy lives. "I mean, yeah, Jimin impregnated Mina, but that was before--"

"--I felt betrayed." I told her and she said no more. "I don't know what my relation is to Mina anymore. How should I treat her? She's the wife of my brother and she's got a child with my husband." I don't know what to do now. For a moment, my positivity about things ran out. I can't think straight anymore. This is a big betrayal and the fact that Mina kept it as a secret is worse. Why didn't she tell it to me or to my brother first, before I marry Jimin?

"Yeah, we both know that," she said. "But Mina aborted the baby." My eyebrows crossed hard and so I looked at her right away. Mina aborted the baby? That's...murder. "S-She was lost. I was with her when we went to an abortion clinic."

"But abortion in Korea is banned." I reasoned out. I can't believe that Mina just killed her baby.

Sowon nodded, "Yeah, so we flew to somewhere where abortion is allowed." I looked away and stared at somewhere. If Mina aborted the baby here, she would've been imprisoned, but Jimin? I don't know how would he react upon hearing this. It's his past lover who killed their supposed-to-be-child. He would surely be hurt because it's his baby. They made him with love and if that happened and I found out, I could've just stopped letting myself in to his heart.

"Mina is going to be punished when her parents find out about it." Sowon continues to drive until we reached dad's mansion. "But instead of her, her innocent baby got the punishment. I hope he forgives her mom." I tried thinking hard what could have happened if she told the truth to Jimin right away before I marry him. Maybe they have a good family right now. I'm out of the picture, of course. Maybe I married Eunwoo instead of Jimin, even if it's solely for business.

*

"She didn't tell you that she's got a child with Jimin?" I saw how Jin oppa's face changed in an instant. His hopeful and sparkly eyes faded. I bet he feels betrayed now. "But don't worry." I looked away and sighed. "She aborted it. Your wife's a murderer." I don't know what's happening with me anymore. I feel so miserable that I am giving it to the others as well. "Sad, but true." Jin oppa can't say anything anymore. I think he's in deep thoughts. He's just swallowing everything that I just said.

"H-How did you know?" I notice him sniffing. He's crying already just by the fact that his wife actually had a first baby with his sister's husband. "W-Who told you?"

"I met someone..." I paused. "...she's a friend of Mina's and she helped her abort the baby."

"But abortion in Korea is illegal. How can they possibly--"

"They flew out." I told him. Mina had done every single thing to prevent the baby from developing inside her. "She's such a great pretender."

"Don't call her that. She's still your in-law. She's still my wife." His tone became deeper when I said those rude words. I guess he stills consider her his wife even though a lot of crap already happened. "Respect her."

"She almost had a baby with my husband, oppa. How can I freaking calm down?" I asked him. He didn't retort or anything else. Instead, he silently cried. It melted my heart, yes, because it's my brother who is crying. I don't want to put hatred inside my heart just because Mina didn't tell anyone about this matter. We have the right to know this because we're her family. She could've told us about this when she agreed to marry Jin oppa. "I'm sorry," I said and held my head low because of shame. "It's just so stressing. It's us who are getting hurt because of all the crap that we should've have known before."