02 : Jimin & Dahyun

JIMIN'S POV

I stepped inside the house and looked for my wife and kids right away. I checked the time. It's already past 9 and Dahyun, for sure, is in bed with our kids. I was late for home because I stopped by Asan Medical Center. Eunwoo telephoned me earlier because he wanted to meet me before I go home. He said that it's a very important talk, so I said yes. Once I get there, he told me that the doctor is going to tell me an important matter.

"Spinocerebellar ataxia." Those words are hard to pronounce. They said that Dahyun are showing symptoms of that sickness, so they wanted to refer her to a neurologist right away to prevent this from progressing really fast.

My mind went blank as they were explaining that illness. They said that it could be fatal. They said that it may be hard for me financially and emotionally, so I have to brace myself. All that I'm thinking right now is Dahyun. All those plans that we want to accomplish in the future is slowly fading. My heart feels like dying.

But if I'm going to give up now on her, who will dare to spend their blood, sweat and tears on her? She's my responsibility. I promised her, to God and to His witnesses that I will take care of her in sickness and in health. I just can't give up.

So, smilingly, I knocked on the master's bedroom's door and entered. There I saw Dahyun, singing a lullaby to our kids. It made me smile, but it's a restrained one. Our eyes met and there is this feeling again. The feeling that I won't forget when I first saw her. I can still remember how I hated her. I was just afraid that I'll hurt Mina back then.

She smiled preciously and stood up carefully, so that she won't wake up the kids. "Good evening, honey." She cupped my cheeks and kissed me swiftly on my lips. I placed my bag beside and snaked my hands on her waist. "How's work?" She asked.

I neared my lips to her ear, "It's okay. My day's fine because I saw you."

"Your day will always be fine if you'll see me after work every day." We both laughed at what she said. I pulled her near me and hugged her tighter than ever. "Honey," I called. She hummed as a reply and waited for me to say what I'm about to say. "I was told that you were rushed to the hospital." She looked at me in the face, but looked away soon. I cupped her cheeks and caressed it using my thumbs. I check her face to see if there's any other injury besides her chin.

"Did Jin oppa tell you?" I told her that Eunwoo told me because he just wants to make sure that I will be able to know it. She sighed. "Sorry for being too careless."

"It's alright, honey." I kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes. "But can we go to the hospital tomorrow? I just want to make sure that you're doing alright." She seemed shocked at first, but I guess she can't do anything anymore now that I'm the one who requested it. She nodded slightly, so I smiled. "Don't worry, hun. This is just for the best of you. I love you." She hummed a faint yes and told me that she wants to rest already since it has been a long day for her.

*

"Hello, I am Dr. Jung of Asan Medical Center. I'm a neurologist." We bowed at Dr. Jung and then sat on the vacant couch. He smiled at the two of us and asked us if we could start the test already. I looked at Dahyun and she nodded when she tilted her head towards my direction. I held her hand and we both stood up, so she can change her clothes. Dr. Jung said that he's going to do a CT scan first and then do further tests. I just watched him do the tests with Dahyun.

I'm a bit scared to know the results, but seeing Dahyun's eyesmiles tell me now to worry about her, but my heart won't keep still.

"Put your forefinger on mine and then back to your nose." Dahyun nodded and started to do whatever she was told to. She continuously did it without any errors which made me smile. I feel relieved of what I'm watching right now.

"Oh," Dahyun reacted when she failed to reach Dr. Jung's forefinger. She continuously did it until the doctor said stop. There are some failures in that test in which I think is a big factor of the results.

"Just come back tomorrow, okay? I'll gather the results." Dahyun and I nodded and thanked the doctor for his time and service. We then exited the clinic and just wandered through the area. Our kids were left with Hansol and Eunwoo, but I think we're going to bond as a family on my free day which is on Wednesday.

"Ms. Dahyun," we tilted our heads to the guy who called my wife's name. He looked at us swiftly and then ran towards us. He gave Dahyun a diary and a pen, I think. "Can you write down some of your thoughts every day in this diary? It will be helpful to know the results of your disease. Thank you." We nodded and thanked Dr. Jung. I felt my wife stiffen when she heard the word, 'disease'. I think she has an idea now what's going on with her.

*

DAHYUN'S POV

I sat down and placed these baby's breath flowers ontop of my mom's grave. I smiled and put away the dried leaves that is resting on her niche. The wind blew hard as always and it didn't send chills down my spine anymore. I closed my eyes and sighed before smiling to my mom.

"Hey, mom." I greeted. I folded my knees and hugged them just like what I always did. "How does it feel to leave the earthly world?" I asked as I play with my fingers. Of course, I didn't get to know her answer. How am I going to know her answer anyway? She left the world already. "Was it sad?" I asked again.

I don't know why my feet led me here. It feels like I'm meant to be in this place right now. Maybe, the person whom I want to talk to right now, is my mom. I never got a chance to talk to her since she died because of me. My heart sinks whenever I think of her death.

"I wish I saw dad's face when he saw you leave." I said. "So, I can tell how Jimin will feel if I will leave, too." I looked around to see other people visiting their loved ones as well. "I don't want to hurt Jimin, but in my case, it's just inevitable." I sighed so deeply and closed my eyes. I imagined my mom infront of me. I imagine her smiling back at me while cupping my face. I can imagine her beautiful face in which my dad fell into. Even though she's just dad's another woman, I can tell that they really loved each other. "Mom, when will be the time that I'll be with you?" I asked. It's not that I'm excited, it's just that I want to prepare myself for this thing. I may leave anytime. I may never say bye to Jimin and to my kids. I may never tell Eunwoo and Hanbin to have them as my best friends. I may never say how much I am grateful to my brothers for accepting me. I may never say thank you to Mina for forgiving me. I may never say how much I support Chaeng and Yoongi in their relationship.

I just want to be ready.

"Soon." I know that that voice didn't belong to anyone in this world. I know that it came from someone. It feels like it came from my mom. It was a feminine and faint voice. It has a motherly instinct to it.

I smiled, but my tears fell. I don't know when the hell am I going to be ready. Just by hearing the words of the doctor and seeing his actions worries me so much. Maybe I really do have a disease.

"Hon?" I noticed someone covering me from the sunlight. Jimin smiled and his smiles is just brighter than the sun that it blinds me. "Let's go home, so that you can rest."

"O-Okay," I nodded and stood up. He held my hand and kissed it before walking beside me.

--*

This chapter is dedicated to you, yejoonii. Keep on smiling, little girl 💕 I love you 💕

Question:

How many chapters do you think this book will have?

Follow my ig acct: @bangteuwaiseu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D