03 : Dahyun

DAHYUN'S POV

May 08

It wasn't told to me, but hearing the word 'disease' scares me. There are a lot of simple diseases, but there are also complicated ones. I don't know if it's a simple or a complex one. I wanted to believe that everything that just happened earlier is a bare lie. I wish it was a nightmare, but it's real. Everything is real. I was awake when it was said.

Whatever the outcome is, I promise to be stronger and braver. I promise that I will take in whatever the result is. I promise it to myself because I'm not  the only person counting on myself. There's Jimin and my kids; Jihyun and Minhyun. I will be the best version of me for my loved ones.

xoxo,

Dahyun.

I closed my eyes and sighed after writing to this diary that Dr. Jung gave me. I felt Jimin behind my back. He's smiling as always. His hands are warmer than before. "Let's go to sleep, 'kay?" I nodded and stood up from my working table. He led me to our  bed and we laid there. I don't know why I can't sleep. I faced to his direction and just stared at him. His eyes stared back at me. "Is something bothering you?" I didn't answer him. I just continued staring at his godly face. I don't know how will I thank Him for giving me this man for eternity. He cupped my left cheek using his right hand and caressed it in a very gentle way as if I'm something so fragile. "Can't sleep?"

"I'm worried." I told him. He smiled softly.

"Stop worrying. There's nothing to worry about." There is, honey. There's a big thing to worry about. It may change out lives forever. "It's been a long day. You should sleep."

"I can't." He nodded and suddenly stood up from our bed. I sat and asked where is he going, but I received no response. When he came back, he's already holding a guitar. He sat on our bed and told me to lay down. He started strumming his guitar and sang a lullaby for me. Seeing him do this kind of thing makes my heart flutter for the nth time. He never fails to make me smile and feel loved. I am that thankful of him.

His voice calms down my soul and it makes my eye shut. I didn't even know how I slept, but the last thing I felt before sleeping is his moist lips against my forehead.

*

"Dr. Jung told me that we're getting your results by 12th of May. Is that okay with you?" I flashed a smile and nodded at Jimin. "See you later, hon." I kissed him and then bid my good byes to my kids before going to work. My leave is now over and I have to go back to work or else Tae oppa is going to kill me. 

I hopped in my car and drove myself to the company. I learned driving with Joon oppa's guide. He's great at driving and whenever we have outings, it's automatic that he has to drive us there. It's great to have him around, though. Oh and his arranged fiance, Jeongyeon unnie, is such a funny lady to be with. They own a shopping mall and she showed me around the mall. I never knew a mall like theirs exists. It's just so huge. I like her for Namjoon oppa. I just hope that he likes her, too.

I arrived at the company a little later than what I expected. I'm about 15 minutes late because of traffic. I should've left our house earlier. The guard greeted me from the outside. The employees started saying hello to me once I stepped in. I had to smile back at them until I reached the elevator. Oh gosh, smiling is so tiring, but I heard it's a good exercise for the face and it shows positive vibes to other people as well, so I guess I have to keep on smiling.

"You're late." I saw Tae oppa as soon as the elevator's doors opened. I pressed the close button again, but Tae oppa held the doors and told me to get off. I sighed and stood in front of him. I lowered my head. "What are you doing here, Dahyun?" He asked in an authoritative voice.