finn hesitates, thinking what she was saying through in his head.
"thats actually really smart, violet."

he starts again,
"what if it was something like.
who called, who bawled. dont call it... chastity?"

violet lets out a laugh.
"chastity?"

"as a metaphor." he stares to her, breaking to a smile.

"and then the end of the chorus, put rhapsody in there. that rhymes nicely."

"how the hell do i put that in there with repetition, its too many syllables."

violet thinks for a while, ideas trying to come together to form something rather impressive.
"we can talk, all the talk about the rhapsody."

"about the rhapsody." he sings back, eyes lit up.
"my god violet, thats it. you just wrote the song for me."

"oh please." she breathes,
"i just want you to come to bed."

"i still have to find a chord progression to fill in that ending part that we added on."

"what key are you in?"

"uh, a minor?" he looks to her, still surprised to hear technical music terms from her lips.

"try a major, make it upbeat instead of slow."

"its, supposed to be a slow song though?"

"its doesnt have to be. here." she walks over, picking up one of finns unplugged electric guitar laying around. for hers was in the bedroom, practically untouched in the chaos of moving in.

"ive been working on this riff. but i dont have anything to do with it so if you like it, its yours."

"violet you barely knew a g chord last time you were here, how the fuck have you been working on riffs?"

"im a fast learner, sir. dont underestimate that." she jokes. and as promised, she presents to him a fast paced riff across the guitar fret board. one that she had been playing around with for weeks beforehand; and that she was quite proud of.

he stares to her, speechless. lips parted gently as his eyebrows furrow.
"alright i dont know what the hell just happened but you have never been so attractive."

her eyes roll in a grin.
"do you like it or not?"

"i love it." he nods.

"great i'll teach you tomorrow." she stands, putting away the guitar; taking his from his lap as well to put away.
"lets go to bed, its late."

"yeah i guess." he sighs, rubbing his tired eyes as he stands.

finn follows her back to the bedroom, shutting off each light on the way in.

she gets back to her original position within the sheets; a wave of comfort washes over her as the blankets cascade over her body. although sleep had vanished; she was no longer tired.

finn couldn't say the same, for when he got in the other side of the bed; tired came over him that he didn't know was there.

more so, he sinks into the comfort of the presence of violet beside him. her scent finally back to his sheets as they were years ago.

he leaves the gap between them, turning to his side to put his back to her. she chuckles to the darkness, watching him from her side of the bed.

"you want me to rub your back?"

he nods, humming a yes into the silence.

she adjusts herself closer to him, gladly tracing circles to his soft t-shirt. she didn't mind doing so, for she used to do that almost every night as kids.

she waits until the sounds of his heavy breathing turns to a light snore within the room. taking her hand from his back to wrap her arm around his torso. head rested gently to his back, tranquilized by his heartbeat.

at peace.

1160 wc

- waiting for finn wolfhard
to somehow choose to be in my life and
sweep me off my feet
- halfway through exams and i want to die