Would he ever tell her. No. But, it did not make her think any less of it.

He hadn't been very talkative at all these last few days.

Although, she wasn't sure if he was pissed with her or not. Her little visits to the cult outpost wasn't his favourite thing and, coming home a little breathless had made him close his eyes as she'd arrived back, pretending to be asleep.

Still, after having sat herself down next to him, Eos had pulled out that of which she'd gone to the outpost for.

Ease-dropping on a chance conversation between a dressed-down cultist guard, who had been enjoying himself, had led her to believing that they were planning something, which seemed to be much truer and, far more troubling than she had expected. 

This was going to be a full-on conquest battle between Sparta and Athens.

From what she could gather from the letter, the Athenians were already on route and, towards the bottom of it, it had told them to stay out of the way of their Champion did they not want their head removed.

Seems Deimos would be there too.

*

By the next morning, Eos had almost considered making her way to Fort Samikon. If Kassandra's next 'target' was Lagos then, there was no doubt that she'd end up near there eventually and, she hadn't heard of any eagle-bearer walking around Tegea - which she was sure would be the talk of the city - and, not the fact that Zeus had brought his wrath down upon a select few who had spilt blood in his temple.

The story of the lycaon and the Athenians in Archaia got more extravagant every time Eos heard it.

The most recent way the story was told now, was that the God of lightning had brought down their wrath - in the shape of a shadowy beast - upon a select few he'd not found worthy, fatally wounding many and sparing only one to tell the tale and warn off any other nay-sayers.

If only it had been true.

Kleon - and Pyros - were most definitely alive. A lycaon bite hurt like hell but, it wouldn't kill you and, as much as the lycaon regretted not having ripped Kleons throat out, he had blamed Eos for having been too distracting with the whole sword about ready to ram through her head. Eos had argued that the second extra it would have taken to throw the cult in to complete disarray would have been worth it but, considering she hadn't wanted Laelaps anywhere near them in the first place, she forgave him.

The only thing Laelaps had fatally wounded - unfortunately - was their pride.

Except for that one guard Laelaps had ripped the throat out of... and the rest of the men Eos was not sure if Laelaps had killed or, if he'd left dying.

She guessed there was some truth.

After a moment more, Eos had left the lycaon to a cow bone she'd bargained from the butcher and decided to head back in to the centre of Tegea.

Which she soon realised may have been a terrible mistake.

At first, she really hoped that the increase in the amount of mercenaries roaming around was because Kassandra was here but, having checked the skies multiple times for that eagle that flew around her head constantly, Eos had started to wonder if her little escapade the night before had brought them there instead.

Except, they had all arrived so fast, it must have meant that their base of operations was close by - perhaps Lagos did have a bounty on her head. Which meant that, really, she was better off leaving Arkadia all together.

She had no leads on where Pyros was, whether he was in on this whole mercenary thing and, she had no idea how it was she'd be able to convince him that his own path would only lead him somewhere he would not be able to escape from. Perhaps it was about time she went to Lakonia and saw whether or not Melaina had actually made it.