nothing in the world quite like a friend

Start from the beginning

I got brave and said loudly, "Hey Genie, its my job to shake my hips for you." I felt my cheeks heat with a blush once I noticed what I said, no take backs either. I also watched as Genie turned a darker shade of blue himself.

Genie recovered quickly and turned his back to us, slyly. "Well, I guess if you wanna crack jokes Besnik, you can just wait to get YOUR gift."

"No! I want my present!!" I whined. Everyone laughed me and Genie shrugged. "How can I say no to a whine like that?" He took a package out and handed it to me. I took off the brown paper and gasped. My eyes widened. Slowly and sacredly, I pulled out a Japanese Sai. I was sure it had a twin still tucked away in the paper.

"Oh Genie...Thank you."

"I picked those up for you in Japan." Genie explained. "I thought you might need them." I nodded my head in thanks as Aladdin and Jasmine came over to have a closer look. After Genie approached me and whispered.

"I still have your other gift put away. I'll give it to you later...in private."

I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled back at me and I felt sure a kiss was coming on. I leaned in slightly and tilted my head, but I kept my eyes open. Genie's smile turned awkward and he rubbed the back of his neck and walked away from me and over to our friends.

I righted myself and tried to shake off the confusion and slight hurt. I think he just might not be a PDA kind of person so I shook it off. "Ohhh-kay." I mumbled to myself as I followed Genie's example and joined the group.

"Genie, you mean you saw the whole world already?" asked Aladdin. Genie shrunk and split himself into four international figures and sang: "It's a small world after all!"

This caused me to giggle as I took my place beside Jasmine. He then made himself regular sized again and put his arms around all four of us. "But Agrabah has something nothing in the whole world has."

"Yeah," I said. I jumped on top of a low wall and spread my arms wide. "SAND! It's everywhere! Get used to it." (line from the third movie.)

Genie looked thoughtful. "Not what I was thinking...but I like it. I think I'll borrow that line sometime."

"Well, what where you thinking?" Jasmine asked, laughter in her voice. I walked back over to them. "Well...." Genie dragged off, leaving us hanging...

...that is until he turned into a rocket and shot off with us on him.

"YOU GUYS!!"

I held on tightly as we went flying through the sky as the music played, trying not to look down. Then, Genie started singing.

"I parachuted down into the Taj Mahal"

We floated down, Genie acting as our parachute until we landed in a rickshaw, with a Chinese Genie running it.

"I rode a rickshaw all along the great Great Wall

I even made the famous Leaning Tower fall,"

The rickshaw turned into an old fashioned bicycle, which a now Italian Genie rammed into the Leaning Tower of Pizza. Just as the Tower almost fell on us, Genie caught it.

"But who was with me through it all?

Nobody!"

We were now on a trapeze act. I sat on one pole while Al and Jas sat on the other, watching a Russian Genie work on it.

"The Moscow Circus hired me to fly trapeze

On Mount Olympus ran a race with Hercules