nothing in the world quite like a friend

I watched my reflection in the mirror for the 100th time today to adjust the golden circlet on my head. "God this thing is annoying!" I said to no one. I was wearing what I did in my dream, hellfire red with purple, along with golden trinkets. It was scary how similar it all was.

Once I got over nostalgia I got up and made my way to the garden, I needed a walk. As I currently walked around in the garden, looking for a certain red parrot that was supposedly with him.

I spotted Iago a little bit ago, the only question is he still around? I Suddenly heard a very loud, very upset voice cry out:

"THE SULTAN!?"

I then took off running towards the sound. It didn't take me long to find him. Iago had been locked in the cage by Aladdin, who was walking away from me. I was on the back side of the cage.

"Are you kidin'?" Iago asked incredulously. "He hates me!"

"He isn't the only one." I said loudly. Aladdin jumped and turned quickly. Seeing me, his face fell and revealed one thought: 'Oh shit'.

"Besnik!"

"Aladdin?" I asked, leaning up against the cage, "Any particular reason why Iago is locked up in a cage, at the palace?"

"I know it sounds nuts, but he saved my life..." Aladdin said, "Say what?" I asked confused. Aladdin took a deep breath and told us all about Iago's 'rescue'. After he had finished, I glared down at the parrot. "I don't know Al. This all seems too out of character for Iago for me to believe. Besides, you know how Jas feels about this."

"Yeah! What about the Princess?!" Iago asked desperately. It was obvious he didn't want to be in the situation in which he was currently stuck. "Don't worry," my brother reassured the parrot. "I'll keep you under wraps from Jasmine."

"Jeeze Al, not again!" I sighed out exasperatedly. "Wasn't it your LIES that got us into trouble the last time?" I said. "I just need time until I've gotten Jasmine...prepared." was his defense.

"Gotten me prepared for what?" said a feminine voice. We all looked up to see Jasmine approaching. "Jasmine!" Aladdin exclaimed, pushing himself in front of the cage where Iago was being hid. He shot me  a pleading look to which I did not respond.

"Uh-uh...for the stain Abu got on the new vest you gave him." I gave a quiet snort at the pitiful excuse he made as I took my place on his left side.

Jasmine inspected the vest. "I don't see a stain," she stated after looking at it closely. Aladdin shot me his puppy eyes look and I rolled my hazel eyes in defeat. 'Here we go again.' I thought to myself.

"It must've just wiped off." I said, coming to my brother's rescue. He looked at me gratefully. "See! No harm done. Off to dinner! Wouldn't want to keep the Sultan waiting." Aladdin started to pull Jasmine along and I started to follow. Then, Jasmine stopped, sensing that everything was not as it should be.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked. "Wrong? No! There's nothing wrong!" my brother said quickly. Not completely believing him, Jasmine stopped and replied "You're not...hiding anything from me are you? Anymore secrets?"

Aladdin fumbled. "S-s-s-secrets?" Then, he cleared his throat and got his cool back. "Of course not. I almost lost you once that way. I'd never risk that again." I rolled my eyes again, exasperated as Aladdin and Jasmine leaned in for a kiss.

Just as they were about to touch, the earth started rumbling and water from the lake shot up into the sky in a whirlpool-like function. What was going on now!?

"YEEHAH!"

Wait... I know that cry.....

Jasmine and Aladdin's terrified looks turned to looks of joy as we gazed upon the big, blue form surfing towards us on a wave, dressed in a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, and an Eskimo hat, with a shit load of suitcases in his hands.