Fitting In

"Helloooo Uncle Max!!!!!" I leaned against the fruit cart and gave a wide, stupid smile. "For the last time young man, I am not your Uncle Max!" The large cart owner came over and looked at me in exasperated annoyance. "Ohhh...Uncle Martin?" I asked changing his name. The cart owner growled at me and I smiled back innocently. This was a routine for me. I dare not look, for fear of being caught, but I knew I wouldn't. I grew up this way, stealing. Every time the cart owner scrunched up his face and closed his eyes, and held his nose in frustration. I was slipping fruits into my small mail bag around my waist that was hidden by the fruit blocking his view. I had been living in Agrabah for about a year now. Aladdin had done well in teaching me more about this place and the ways of a Street Rat. I went out on my own and did individual work. I already knew how to steal, and get away from guards.

Every other day I would come to this cart and act like a crazy person (I was getting rather good at that), thus distracting the cart owner while I also took what I needed. We all had one basic rule when it came to our 'business': we never took anything we didn't need. That was the usual for me all ready. The only time I can ever remember me stealing something that wasn't food was the first day I started.

Flashback

"You're going to attract a lot of attention in those clothes and if you're going to be a street rat, that's the exact thing you DON'T want to do. So, let's get you some new clothes." said Aladdin. He told me to wait a ways down the street from the cart where they sold clothes. After a few seconds of waiting, Aladdin came tearing down the street with Abu at his heels, a bundle of beige clothes in his arms, and the cart owners right on his tail.

"Go go go go go!" I didn't have to be told twice. We started running down the street as fast as our legs could carry us.

End of Flashback

So now, I wore a purple vest over my white shirt, purple pants, bandages over one foot, my green sash, and my band around my head. Every thing else was in my mail bag. exept my hoop earing of course. Aladdin had been nothing but kind to me and had become, ultimately, family. He told me about his mother's death and that he had never known his father. I told him about mine in return, leaving out some horrible evens, I merely just summarized it. We all just seemed to blend well together. To me Aladdin was the brother I never had and to Abu was a great addition.

And right now, my brother was probably running from the guards somewhere. As I continued my dialogue with 'Uncle Max', I decided to end the conversation and get the hell out of there, I collected enough for now. "Well, Uncle Maddy, it was great talking to you!" I waved walking away, "I AM NOT YOUR UNCLE!" I heard him scream at me as I skipped merrily down the road. After I was sure I was out of his view, I ducked into an alley and started making my way through the alleyways to our meeting place. After every 'job', Aladdin, and I all met up in the alley were we first met.

As I approached our alley, "So, where's Aladdin?" I asked myself, I soon hummed in thought, "I don't know. He should be here by now." I was just talking to my self, it was a habit really when I'm alone. I then heard a crash and a squish a little ways away from the alley. I looked up just in time to see Aladdin gently floating down on a carpet with Abu on his shoulder.

"Hello Bro!" he said as he sat down beside me. Abu climbed up on my shoulder. "Hey Aladdin." I said to start off, "Nice entry. You defiantly copied mine." I said, over the past year I've had to run from a guard and used a carpet as a parachute. He smiled at us and pulled out a loaf of bread, broke it into threes, and handed each of us a piece.

"And now Abu, Besnik, we feast!" I was about to dig in, when Aladdin's eyes got fixed on something across from us. I looked up and saw 3 children digging through trash. Aladdin caught my eye and gave me a 'Well, what else is there to do?' look. I nodded gently and stood. Aladdin looked to Abu and Abu defiantly took a big bite out of his bread. me and Aladdin sighed as we walked over to the kids.

"Here." Aladdin offered the oldest looking girl his bread and I offered mine to the youngest. They both hesitated. "Go on, take it." Aladdin told the girl. She took his bread and he affectionately ruffled her hair. The girl I was offering my bread to was a little less trusting. "Go on, love. It's safe." The girl looked up at me quickly. "My momma used to call me love, but she's in heaven now." I nodded sadly. "My mom's in heaven too." I admitted, "I never even knew my mom." I continued, and pat her head, "I'd bet she is looking down upon her greatest gift in the whole world, and watches over you, and sending all her love." Hearing that we were fellow orphans, the kids were a bit more trusting and took our bread. I then kissed the littlest girl on the head and walked away.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Abu get up and go over to the kids, offering his bread to the third one. I smiled to myself. I looked over to find Aladdin walking into a crowed of people. I went to Aladdin's side to watch the spectacle. Abu ran up beside me and got on Aladdin' shoulder. I saw the Arabian fop riding his horse. "On his way to the palace I suppose," on person said. "Another suitor for the princess," another answered. Aladdin looked at him in awe while it was everything I could do to keep from throwing up. Just then, two of the three kids from before went running out in front of the horse. The fop stopped his horse abruptly and looked at them in disgust. He raised his whip to hit them.

"Out of my way you filthy brats!" Before the last syllable left his mouth, Aladdin and I were in the street. Aladdin had stopped the whip with his arm and I held the children to me. "Run." I whispered to them. They took off and I watched the scene in front of me. "I'll teach you some manners!" the fop growled at Aladdin, kicking him into the mud. I ran next to him on one side. I helped him sit up then helped Abu. Aladdin, not one to be shown up looked at us and smirked. "Look at that Abu, Bisnik. It's not everyday you see a horse with two rear ends." I covered my mouth quickly to keep from laughing.

The fop turned sharply around to glare at us. "I would give you a nasty look, but I see that you already have one...And it's stuck there." I told the stuck up, "You are a worthless street rat. You were born a street rat. You'll die a street rat. And only you're fleas...and maybe your bastard, will mourn you." I shot up, about to knock this guy out. Aladdin was already at the door, and banged on it with fury. Aladdin took a step back from the doors as I walked over to him, and I took his hand.

"I'm not worthless...and I don't have fleas." He then scratched his head. Realizing what he was doing, he looked down in defeat. "And I'm no Bastard." I said to him, "So forget about it." I added, "That stuck up, doesn't know what he's talking about."

Aladdin responded with a sigh. "Come on guys, let's go home." Abu jumped on his shoulder and we started our track home.