A Gypsy's Secret

It had been about half an hour since Aladdin had been sent off in the tower. By this time, Jafar had the entire palace twisted into his own personal paradise. Jasmine was chained and was being forced to feed him fruit. The Sultan was put into a marionette harness and was being stuffed with crackers by a vindictive Iago. me? Well, I was chained to the wall....literally. I guess after thinking about it,Jafar decided I would be a slight threat... Either that or he's just plain mean.

I was chained on the steps a few feet away from Jafar. I sighed quietly to myself. Then, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked up to see who was staring and found myself looking into Genie's deep black eyes. I jumped slightly and saw him wince. "Great. So you do hate me now." he asked. "Of course not!" He looked at me confused. "I know it wasn't your fault that Aladdin was sent off. It was that jerk's fault." I said, nodding my head towards Jafar. "Yeah, but I gave him the power to send him away."

"Only because you had to. It's not your fault you're bound by a supernatural force to grant whatever the master wishes of you." Genie sighed and hung his head low. He doesn't believe me. "Genie," I said, reaching out as far as I could and taking his blue hand in my chained one, "I don't blame you." He finally met my eyes and smiled lightly at me. I tried to smile back, but I just couldn't. "God, Genie...this is a mess." I said, shaking my head as the silent tears started again. "Hey..." I felt his hand start to rub the small of my back as he tried to comfort me. "Al will be fine," he said. "He's a smart kid. He'll get out of it."

"But what if he doesn't?" I asked. I was seriously worried about Aladdin being alright.  I just couldn't convince my heart of it. I looked up at Genie with blurry eyes. "Genie, Aladdin and I had a fight... a BIG fight. And we never had a chance to make up before he was sent speeding away in that tower! I'm just scared to death that--"

"That he won't come back and you won't have a chance to make up?" I looked back down and nodded. "Ah, sweetheart..." Genie moved his hand from the small of my back and just wrapped his arms around me. I tried to control my crying. I really didn't want to make a fool of myself in front of him. That would just make this day even worse. But as I relaxed myself, I heard Genie whisper calming and positive words to me. His voice was so soothing, like the sound of your favorite song. His embrace was so warm; it just sent all the demons away until nothing was left but me and him.

His scent was intoxicating; he smelled like a mix of musk, smoke, and magic. When I finally had myself under control, I pulled back and looked at him. "Can you give me a smile, sweetheart?" I managed a small one. "That's what I like to see." It was silent for a few seconds. "Genie...thank you." I whispered. Genie shifted so he was sitting beside me with his arm around me. "Hey, I told you from the beginning. I'll always be there for you to lean on." I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder. I was sure Aladdin would be back, now. And when he got back and defeated Jafar, we would talk this whole 'fight' thing out.

"Not that it's any of my business, but what was the fight about?" Crap. "Oh...hehehe...nothing much. Just him being an ass and not setting you free like he said he would." Genie pulled back a little. "So the whole fight was about me?"

"Well, it was kinda about you...kinda about him...kinda about me..." I glanced at him to see if my pitiful excuse was working. He was looking at me with an eyebrow raised and a face that screamed 'tell me the truth'. "...Mostly about us..."

"Us?" Genie repeated incredulously. "What about us?" I looked at the ground and started rocking back and forth. "Well...It was just about our relationship..." I stole another glance at the blue man beside me and saw his eyebrows shoot up. "Relationship?"

"Yeah...See, it's like this:" I was about to go on a rampage. It's nervous habit. Some people bite nails, some chew their tongues, biting there lips...I do all of that but mostly ramble. Be afraid...be very afraid. "I was reeeaaaly pissed off about what Aladdin did to you and I was telling him so. Well, he started getting suspicious and accused me of taking your side because of what you could do for me. You know; he said that I was vouching for you because you were all powerful and shit and that I wasn't defending him because he was poor as dirt. That pissed me off even more and I ended up yelling at him and storming out." Something you must understand; that incredibly long monologue was said in one breath and under a minute.