nothing in the world quite like a friend

Start from the beginning

Carpet zoomed in next to me and bounced up and down happily. I guess he was ready to see his old friend. He poofed in front of us and exclaimed happily, taking off his hat and sunglasses and poofing out of the shirt: "He's big, he's blue...HE'S BACK!"

Aladdin and Jasmine rushed forward and hugged him tight. I couldn't budge from where my heart started pounding in my ears. As my friends hugged him, he turned dark red.

"Oooh, ah, hoo! WATCH THE SUNBURN!"

They broke away from him and looked at him confused. After cringing for a moment, he turned back to his normal blue tone and laughed lightly.

"Kidding!"

He then poofed in between Aladdin and Jasmine. "Did ya miss me? Be honest!" They were when they told Genie they did miss him. "Now tell me;" he continued, "How's Besnik been?"

"Ask him yourself," Aladdin said, breaking away from under his arm, "He's over there."

I came out from behind Jasmine as Genie turned to look at me. I saw him visibly catch his breath when he saw me and my heart beat sped up at the sight of him.

He looked the same as when he left. His black eyes sparkled with mirth; his light blue skin looked soft and inviting. I wanted so much to have him hold me again. But at the same time, I was frozen to the spot. This man could still stop me in my tracks and render me unmovable.

Finally, I was able to force words out of my mouth.

"Hey, Genie..." He smiled lightly at me and replied. "Hey sweetheart." Hearing his name for me set me ablaze and I gave in to my instinct. I ran to him and jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist. Taking his face in my hands I kissed him...hard.

At first, he responded whole-heartedly. He put one hand under my bottom to keep me stable in his arms. He tangled his other hand in my long hair and massaged my scalp as he kissed me back.

But then...I don't really know what happened. First, he slowly stopped kissing me back and took his hand out of my hair. He kept his hand under me, but I suspect that was just courtesy to keep me from falling on my ass. I broke away from the kiss and looked into his eyes to try and find the answer as to why he broke away from me.

In his eyes I saw incredible discomfort and something else I couldn't place. And then I realized... I had just jumped Genie and started making out with him in the middle of the palace courtyard in front of everybody.

No wonder he was uncomfortable. Talk about PDA. I quickly jumped out of his arms but I kept my arms on his shoulders. "I missed you." I said, breaking the awkward silence.

I heard Al scoff in the background. Genie answered me, "I missed you too." There was more awkward silence. "So...Did you have fun?" I asked cautiously. Genie sent me his trademark smile and laughed.

"YES! Definitely! Some of the places I've been and seen...I never thought I'd be able to. And boy, does the luggage pile up!"

With that, he broke away from me and poofed next to Abu, handing him all of his luggage. "Take these, my good mammal." He said in a stuck-up voice. When Abu took them, he fell off Aladdin's shoulder. Genie looked down at him and said:

"Careful, they're heavy."

And then he proceeded to hand out random pieces of junk. "I got presents and souvenirs for everybody!" To Jasmine he handed a bear with an African headdress. He placed a sombrero on Aladdin's head and a baseball cap on Abu's head. He also gave Abu a flag from a baseball game and a hotdog that was still steaming hot.

I laughed out loud when he handed Carpet his gift...A dashboard hula dancer, which Genie demonstrated by giving the skirt a light shove.

"Oooh, she dances."