~1~

*Edited*

I knock on my Dad's door, and hear footsteps approaching. He opens the door and I can tell he's been crying by his red, puffy eyes.

"Is Jess really-?" I ask, my voice breaking.

He nods as a tear slips down his cheek. I let out a sob as we walk inside. Dad walks into the kitchen to get me a coffee. I can still smell Jess's perfume from a couple days before Halloween, when she last came over.

~Flashback~

"So tell me about your new boyfriend," I pry, wiggling my eyebrows, as I open the door.

"Seriously, Grace? That just has to be the first thing you have to say to me, right when I walk in the door? No, 'How have you been?' or 'How's school?'." My sister, Jessica asks as she walks in the door.

"Yup! Its my job as your awesome, yet annoying twin sister".

"Yeah, whatever. So how's traveling around the US? Have fun sleeping in motels every night?" Jess mocks.

"Yes, actually. I find them quite enjoyable," I say in a posh tone.

Jess snorts and rolls her eyes at my sarcasm.

"So, back to the original topic! Who's this new guy Dad told me about? What's his name— oh right, Sam! What's his last name again?"

"Yes, his name is Sam Winchester and he is the most charming, handsome, kind, intelligent man I've ever met".

"Ooo! When's the wedding?" I joke.

"June".

"WHAT?!" I exclaim, my eyes widening.

"Woah, chill I was joking!"

~End of Flashback~

I still remember how I pestered her over Sam until she left. That topic seems so insignificant now that she's de- gone. First mom, now Jess? It just leaves me to wonder... who's next... and when?

"Grace?" My dad says, snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, clearing the earlier thoughts from my mind.

"I asked how your trips been. You just got back from Wisconsin, right?"

"Uh, yeah." I say, "Dad?-"

"I know. You have to be in New York on Monday. The funeral is on Sunday, so you have two days. Your room is ready-"

"Dad. I was going to say that I don't have to be in New York until February 1," I say, interrupting him.

"Really? Two weeks?" He asks, hope evident in his voice.

I nod, and he smiles, pulling me into a hug. Jess's death has hit us hard, especially after Mom died when we were kids. I go out and grab my bags from my car and bring them up to my room. As I am almost finished, I hear the sound of glass breaking from downstairs. I freeze.

"Dad?" I call, stepping out into the hall.

I grab my knife from my boot, and descend down the stairs. I walk into the kitchen to find my Dad by the sink, with broken glass at his feet. I quickly shove the knife back in my boot.

"Hey, what happened?" I ask him.

"Nothing. The glass just slipped from my hand."

I start to help him clean up the glass and curse as I cut my hand on one of the pieces of glass. I rush over to the sink to rinse it off.

"You ok?" Dad asks.

I'm about to reply when the doorbell rings. I walk over and open the door. My eyes widen when I see who it is.

"What the hell?"

A/N~

How was the first chapter? Who do you think was at the door?

~Fangirl~