Chapter 6

Chapter 6

●●●

Jungkook did not go to Taehyung's place. It was already late, and as usual as their sleepovers used to be in the past, dating was a bit different and Jungkook knew sleeping over was not an option because it would have been pure torture.

Also, he really wanted to take things slow with Taehyung. Appreciate every small step. He was more than serious about Taehyung. Which was why he spent the next couple of weeks texting Taehyung, who was a lot busier due to his job than expected and sometimes, when their schedule lined up, he picked him up from work and took him out to dinner or something along the lines.

It didn't take long and both of them were just as close as they used to. But something Jungkook felt was off was that, besides that day when he confessed, Taehyung and him hadn't kissed even once. Taehyung would peck Jungkook's cheek as a way of saying thanks or goodbye, but nothing more.

And Jungkook was a patient guy. Especially when it came to Taehyung, but he couldn't help but wonder why that was. They pretty much were back to being best friends.

Sighing he tapped the steering wheel. As much as dating Taehyung made him happy, it also made him anxious. How much was normal? Weren't they pretty much just friends if they continued like this?

Jungkook had dated before. He always put an effort into being a good boyfriend who made his partner happy, but he always messed up and that was because, as much as he would have wished he could have changed it, even after all those years Jungkook's feelings for Taehyung never went away. This made itself noticeable for example in the fact that Jungkook's whole type was based around Taehyung.

Guy looked somewhat alike? Jungkook thought he was attractive. The guy was small? Seemed innocent? Slightly nerdy? Jungkook would feel himself drawn to them, but he never actually fell for them. And he felt really bad about that, but he had absolutely no control over his feelings. But that wasn't the point. Even in those kind of messed up relationships one thing or another usually led to sex. Usually within the time span of a month or something, and from what it looked like at the moment they weren't even nearing that stadium in their relationship.

Hell, Taehyung had promised showing Jungkook his apartment for the first time and cooking for him. And Jungkook was more than happy about this. He wasn't even bothered by not having sex. It just... bothered him because he didn't know what that meant. Was Taehyung not attracted to him after all? Were his feelings platonic after all? Did he just mistake how close they were for feelings? Jungkook didn't know and he had never been in this type of situation.

Both of them were over 25 at this point after all. Waiting for months was high school bullshit. Usually nothing happening for such a long time meant problems. Or was he overreacting? He really couldn't tell.

He groaned, dropping his head onto the steering wheel, startling himself by triggering the horn. Sighing he started the radio and glanced out the windshield soft music, filling the cramped space of his car. It looked like it was about to rain. Checking his phone, he realized Taehyung was about five minutes late, but at that exact moment the door of the building in front of him swung open, the sky simultaneously unleashing heavy, unforgiving rain.

Taehyung seemed caught off guard and quickly ran over to Jungkook's car, swiftly moving inside. "Sorry for being late. The photographer wasn't content with the end product so he asked for a couple of additional pictures." Taehyung explained, running his hand through his hair, checking how wet it was.

"It's alright. You look good." Taehyung had dyed his hair to a light brown and it really looked good on him. Especially since it was styled slightly curlier than usual. The man blushed before showing his rectangular smile. "Thanks."